Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
at a little less than 5'8", sometimes I find it frustrating to spar
with someone significantly taller than me..but today, I was
sparring a friend of mine who stands at 6'2" and nailed him square in the chest with a hook
kick!! I asked my Instructor after class if he'd seen the kick - he shook
his head with a smile and said, 'no - but I heard it!! :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK...last time....well actually its the first time...and the last

To much damn snow

deep-snow-covers-garden-table-chairs-22540146.jpg

My mother has that same set on her back deck.... and you know...it looks almost exactly like that today... hers has a little more snow on it
That's a lot of damned snow, man.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a good time last night. Visited the old dojo again. Paired up with a white belt working on a couple of Arm Bar applications for the first class. Had a good time sharing and comparing notes with the instructor afterward. Then out for a surprisingly large beer.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Oldest is home for a college break..... ate an entire chicken and eats bagels like most people eat chips.... but he got upset with me, while shoveling the driveway, the morning after the snow storm, after the snow blower broke, for not waking him up to shovel.... told me to go in the house and he would finish it. Is cleaning his room AND the bathroom today..... has been home before mid-night the few times he has gone out........ frankly, based on his last visit I'm wondering who this person is and what he did with the other guy..... well he does eat copious amounts of food, that is still the same...but the rest vanished when he went off to college..... this is the high school version that has been missing for almost 2 years.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oldest is home for a college break..... ate an entire chicken and eats bagels like most people eat chips.... but he got upset with me, while shoveling the driveway, the morning after the snow storm, after the snow blower broke, for not waking him up to shovel.... told me to go in the house and he would finish it. Is cleaning his room AND the bathroom today..... has been home before mid-night the few times he has gone out........ frankly, based on his last visit I'm wondering who this person is and what he did with the other guy..... well he does eat copious amounts of food, that is still the same...but the rest vanished when he went off to college..... this is the high school version that has been missing for almost 2 years.
The come to Xue moment might have had something to do with it....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still full this morning from the St. Patrick's Day feasting. Office where I rent space had a social on Friday, then my mom had a bunch of family over on Saturday.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm just glad it didn't snow this weekend like they forecasted last week. It was only going to be 1 to 4 inches, but I do believe that the 24 inches we got last week was enough.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kid is going insane. Which is making Momma go insane. Which doesn't help when she's on a crazy bend anyway...

I think the kid is going to bounce around a trampoline place for a while.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Alright. Have a few minutes to chill out. Friends are gong to be here in about an hour.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My Sunday

The Youngest's viola string came unraveled, homework not finished (It was, but in the computer age teacher, with Google Classroom, apparently think it is ok to add more homework on Sunday afternoons), 2 symphony practices this afternoon and evening, Mrs Xue is out of town for the day........Had to run to the only open music store that had Viola strings ,which is 20 miles away (4 Viola strings, by the way, are one heck of a lot more expensive than 6 longer strings for the Guitar). Get back, get the string on, get lunch....damn piano practice not done yet......ok...command decision..... not going to make the first symphony practice.

Drinking coffee....going to go to taiji to slow this Sunday down..... then make supper and go to the evening symphony practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions