Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
It rarely has a huge effect on me. I can drink it late and it won't keep me up. But some days a second cup is like being on crack. My wife actually seems to be amused by those days.

There is a restaurant near me called Bob's Diner. I have no idea what kind of coffee they have there, but man...let me tell you a quick story.

Back when I worked for a company called Value Options, I had to get up at 6am to be in on time. I would work until 3:30pm. I would go home, play video games, watch TV, etc. On Fridays my friend Nikki would come over when she got out of work. She was on the waitstaff at a restaurant; they didn't close until 11pm, and she got to my house around midnight. We started making a habit of going to Bob's.

I had one little cup of coffee. One. And by "little," I mean these cups didn't even equal the standard 8 oz. serving size. Keep in mind I had gotten up at 6am on Friday. We stayed up until noon on Saturday.

I could use a cup of Bob's coffee right now.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I love coffee. I'm kind of nuts about it, but my wife is understanding. I can make you a cup of coffee or espresso in at least 11 different ways. I have a collection of about 20 different coffee,or espresso makers. I don't always roast my own beans, but usually,

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Starting to kind of, sort of get my second wind.

I have an appointment to go to after work. I almost want to cancel it, go home and sleep. Then again, there is a $50 cancellation fee. That is a costly nap!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I once worked in a state office that had lounges, with wrap around couches, attached to both the men's and woman's bathrooms. Use to see people going into those and coming out of those with pillows all the time.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can't beat a really good cup of coffee. Just can't.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth, brother, ain't that the truth.

Out here....

original-fe3fbd24fa3fbb3e35caf201f1992ad2.jpg

original-ad922352454c246af3b0ef302884269e.jpg

I don't actually know how to do any of that roasting, drying, growing, harvesting thing. But I sure do know how to drink the coffee. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Out here....

I don't actually know how to do any of that roasting, drying, growing, harvesting thing. But I sure do know how to drink the coffee. :)

Kona is good, there ain't no doubt about it. But back in my heavy coffee drinking days, nothing (at least for me) could beat tanzania peaberry

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Out here....

If I lived there, I wouldn't know those things, either. But I think I'd enjoy watching the things grow while I drink my coffee.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Kona is good, there ain't no doubt about it. But back in my heavy coffee drinking days, nothing (at least for me) could beat tanzania peaberry
I just ordered 2 lbs of green, Tanzanian peaberry. How funny. I'm going to roast next week's coffee tonight, and am trying to decide between Sumatra peaberry or Ethiopia tolemariam goljo.

I usually go through about 3/4 lbs per week. So not too bad.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered 2 lbs of green, Tanzanian peaberry. How funny. I'm going to roast next week's coffee tonight, and am trying to decide between Sumatra peaberry or Ethiopia tolemariam goljo.

I usually go through about 3/4 lbs per week. So not too bad.
I don't even know if I could tell all those apart. I like my coffee, and I can be a bit picky at times. I like dark roasts (yeah, ruins some of the complex "coffee" flavor and replaces it with the roasting flavor), brewed too strong. Light roasts pretty much always taste...a bit...something. I hate coffee with no flavor (I think that's probably usually stale). I hate coffee that's brewed too weak (might as well be water, IMO). I will drink godawful burned coffee if that's all there is, but somehow it needs the crappy powdered creamer. I think that last one goes back to working 3rd shift in college - I'd put on an industrial pot of coffee and drink it all night, and it was badly burned by 4 hours in.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I won't drink burnt coffee, old coffee, stale coffee. I want a fresh made cup, every time. Don't care what it costs, don't care who says what.

Coffee.....good.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't drink burnt coffee, old coffee, stale coffee. I want a fresh made cup, every time. Don't care what it costs, don't care who says what.

Coffee.....good.

I think the aroma of coffee is one of the most wonderful things you can experience.

Shame about the taste...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't even know if I could tell all those apart. I like my coffee, and I can be a bit picky at times. I like dark roasts (yeah, ruins some of the complex "coffee" flavor and replaces it with the roasting flavor), brewed too strong. Light roasts pretty much always taste...a bit...something. I hate coffee with no flavor (I think that's probably usually stale). I hate coffee that's brewed too weak (might as well be water, IMO). I will drink godawful burned coffee if that's all there is, but somehow it needs the crappy powdered creamer. I think that last one goes back to working 3rd shift in college - I'd put on an industrial pot of coffee and drink it all night, and it was badly burned by 4 hours in.
i drink it strong and black, too. Don't like it burnt, but I'm really not overly picky, as long as it's fresh.

Fun fact, roasting lowers the caffeine levels. So the darker you roast a bean, the less caffeine it has.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I must confess, I am not the coffee drinker I use to be, I am much more tea guy these days. But I have recently picked up a habit of 1 cup of black coffee and a piece of dark chocolate in hte mid-morning. Never drank black coffee before this past week, always had it with milk or cream

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i drink it strong and black, too. Don't like it burnt, but I'm really not overly picky, as long as it's fresh.

Fun fact, roasting lowers the caffeine levels. So the darker you roast a bean, the less caffeine it has.
Yes, and people often think the opposite. They buy dark roast and brag about the caffeine level. Just means I have an excuse to drink more coffee.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must confess, I am not the coffee drinker I use to be, I am much more tea guy these days. But I have recently picked up a habit of 1 cup of black coffee and a piece of dark chocolate in hte mid-morning. Never drank black coffee before this past week, always had it with milk or cream
I prefer mine with cream. Not because I don't like black coffee - I actually do. I just REALLY like cream, and people look at me weird if I just drink 1/4 cup of cream. Put 3/4 of a cup of coffee with it, though, and they just think I'm covering the taste of the coffee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions