Not open for further replies.
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
While the idea is cool, and I don't want to rain on Jacob's parade, I suspect that those won't be swords, but sword-like objects at best. Main reason to know the difference is so that you/he know that this is a wall hanger trophy, and not for real use.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
They are giving swords tonight at the awards banquet instead of trophies. Jacob is excited.

zabocAM.jpg

dq2wbbj.jpg
Purty!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
While the idea is cool, and I don't want to rain on Jacob's parade, I suspect that those won't be swords, but sword-like objects at best. Main reason to know the difference is so that you/he know that this is a wall hanger trophy, and not for real use.
Party Pooper!
but yeah, they are probably going to be like those 'bonus' swords you get when you buy knife sets.
I have enough at the house to stock that banquet by myself!
But they look pretty!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled a muscle yesterday practicing a technical stand-up. Without an opponent. Today, it hurts to walk. Damn, I'm feeling old now.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pulled a muscle yesterday practicing a technical stand-up. Without an opponent. Today, it hurts to walk. Damn, I'm feeling old now.
I want to emphasize to everyone the bit about "without an opponent". So, I had NOTHING to do with it. Not this time.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
P. S. I pulled my lower back when practicing the same technical stand-up during the same class - also without an opponent. This morning, I stripped and re-dressed the beds, threw the blankets in the laundry, went to the park with my dog and walked 4.5 miles, then came home, worked on my web site, and made lunch.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P. S. I pulled my lower back when practicing the same technical stand-up during the same class - also without an opponent. This morning, I stripped and re-dressed the beds, threw the blankets in the laundry, went to the park with my dog and walked 4.5 miles, then came home, worked on my web site, and made lunch.
And you went in with a bad back. I started that session healthy, and injured myself picking up my damned leg.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Remembered why I never eat junk food....also why one should never eat junk food in front of the TV..

Ritz Crisp & Thins........:hurting:

Now.... I feel ill....sitting here nursing a cup of Puerh tea to calm down my stomach

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Remembered why I never eat junk food....also why one should never eat junk food in front of the TV..

Now.... I feel ill....sitting here nursing a cup of Puerh tea to calm down my stomach
Vice is good - but only in moderation.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

what's this puerh tea you are speaking off?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Morning
Today...80s with humidity in the 70s to 80s.....Admittedly when I was in Florida a few weeks ago it was worse....88 degrees with 92% humidity....but this is upstate NY...not the tropics....this is too hot for here

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
cruised around Facebook yesterday.... I never do that....and I discovered why..... I came across 2 ex-girlfriends and 1 ex-fiancée and they all look incredibly happy...and although I am happy they are happy..... they all have one thing in common...... the broke up with me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions