Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Feeling sick at the thought of going to work.
So I guess I won't.....
And feeling sick about playing hookie is easier to swallow.

Or not throw up, whichever....

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning MT..... I will be glad when all the film crew leaves and goes back to from whence it came
They can do a wonderful job of screwing up a place for days... for 30 seconds of film time.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I got called a "martial arts crazy" by Mrs Xue again.......

Back at post #9240 I said

My knees hurt..... my right forearm hurts....the fingers of my right hand hurt......all from JKD class.,....and I also thought that I needed to go home and work footwork and striking on the heavy bag...... which I maintain is not sane.....well.... I had to be at a concert for my youngest yesterday evening...and I didn't get home until after 10:00......did I let this dissuade me from my insane need to go hit a heavy bag when I'm still hurting.......did I think its late, I'm tired, I need to go to bed.........nope

I go in to my room, put on knee braces and change to go to my basement to start work on the heavy bag.....This is when Mrs Xue stepped in.....apparently after 10:00pm....hitting the heavy bag makes a lot of noise....... and hitting the heavy bag is not conducive to sleep...if in fact there are people in the house that what to go to sleep because they need to get up early.....

So I was called a martial arts crazy...again.... and told to go to bed.....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
They can do a wonderful job of screwing up a place for days... for 30 seconds of film time.

I think all of this is for the punisher TV show.....which I never watched and after this I have no plan on watching at all......

they filmed part of "Salt" here too...but they were no where near as disruptive as these folks have been.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Going back East to see the fellas at the end of summer. Going to play in a memorial golf tournament, too. I have a lot of fun playing golf. I'm not any good, shoot about 150 or so, but I have a ball driving the cart and smoking Cuban cigars.

But I want the fellas to know I'm serious this year. Just ordered me a golf outfit.

View attachment 21604

Even got a matching, red plaid bow tie. I'm gonna look' the berries. :)
Where East? Any chance you might swing our way?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got called a "martial arts crazy" by Mrs Xue again.......

Back at post #9240 I said

My knees hurt..... my right forearm hurts....the fingers of my right hand hurt......all from JKD class.,....and I also thought that I needed to go home and work footwork and striking on the heavy bag...... which I maintain is not sane.....well.... I had to be at a concert for my youngest yesterday evening...and I didn't get home until after 10:00......did I let this dissuade me from my insane need to go hit a heavy bag when I'm still hurting.......did I think its late, I'm tired, I need to go to bed.........nope

I go in to my room, put on knee braces and change to go to my basement to start work on the heavy bag.....This is when Mrs Xue stepped in.....apparently after 10:00pm....hitting the heavy bag makes a lot of noise....... and hitting the heavy bag is not conducive to sleep...if in fact there are people in the house that what to go to sleep because they need to get up early.....

So I was called a martial arts crazy...again.... and told to go to bed.....
Sometimes... you have to listen to the Boss.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am feeling really yuck today.
Guess I do need to suck it up and see the doc....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You never know. She might have SPIES.

Back before Mrs Xue was Mrs Xue...when we were dating. We watched the Jet Li movie kiss of the dragon. At the end
Jet sticks a needle in the back of the bad guys neck and the bad guy shakes, bleeds, and dies.....
Mrs Xue says....that's not how it works...... I turn and say "What?" She says that is not how it works...... I then ask how does it work. She says, "it will just make you really sick"
I knew then that I was in BIG trouble if I ever messed up....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back before Mrs Xue was Mrs Xue...when we were dating. We watched the Jet Li movie kiss of the dragon. At the end
Jet sticks a needle in the back of the bad guys neck and the bad guy shakes, bleeds, and dies.....
Mrs Xue says....that's not how it works...... I turn and say "What?" She says that is not how it works...... I then ask how does it work. She says, "it will just make you really sick"
I knew then that I was in BIG trouble if I ever messed up....
Well ...yeah... I am having to explain to @gpseymour all the time what's not the right way to flood a building or blow up a gate or some such. Edimication, man!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Boston area.

Too bad, I really like the food in your part of the country. :)
tenor.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Boston area.

Too bad, I really like the food in your part of the country. :)

Oh sure and NYS is just a fly over.....sheesh man, I say I'm going to Boston and you move to Hawaii and now you go back to Boston when you know I will be safely in NYS...... I'll have you know....I'm beginning to take this personally.....:D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh sure and NYS is just a fly over.....sheesh man, I say I'm going to Boston and you move to Hawaii and now you go back to Boston when you know I will be safely in NYS...... I'll have you know....I'm beginning to take this personally.....:D
Hey, at least you are somewhere civilized - you have a chance of luring somebody that way. NOBODY wants to come see us in NC. We might as well be in Siberia.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well ...yeah... I am having to explain to @gpseymour all the time what's not the right way to flood a building or blow up a gate or some such. Edimication, man!
When you know the reality behind some movies and tv...

Yeah, takes the fun out of it.

Like the PI who's knocked out 3 times every day... and 5 on Sunday... and isn't a drooling idiot wondering what shoes are, let alone tying them...

Or the hero who chases the bad guy across rooftops, up and down ladders, etc. for 10 minutes, gun out... and racks the slide to chamber a round only when he gets to the end of the chase...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
When you know the reality behind some movies and tv...

Yeah, takes the fun out of it.

Like the PI who's knocked out 3 times every day... and 5 on Sunday... and isn't a drooling idiot wondering what shoes are, let alone tying them...

Or the hero who chases the bad guy across rooftops, up and down ladders, etc. for 10 minutes, gun out... and racks the slide to chamber a round only when he gets to the end of the chase...

Years ago watched a Kung Fu Theater movie where at the very beginning this woman gets darted in both eyes and is blinded....she surprised...the bad guy at the end of the film when she took off the bandages and her eyes were all better...and she then proceeded to pummel and eventually kill the bad guy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions