Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bone dry...the Vegas heat and the San Diego heat is bone dry...and that is scary. It is 100 or above, you know your hot, but you don't seem to sweat....it evaporates before you see it..... but don't let it fool you...keep hydrating or you'll be sorry
Yeah, the first time I visited Phoenix, I commented that a breeze there just feels like walking in a blow-dryer.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I like the dry heat.
I have trouble when it feels like you are sticking your head into a fish bowl when you walk outside....
And then it won't rain for like weeks.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the dry heat.
I have trouble when it feels like you are sticking your head into a fish bowl when you walk outside....
And then it won't rain for like weeks.....
I find each annoying in its own way. If I had to choose, dry heat is easier for me to deal with.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Cool fact: people in Phoenix generally don't go into their pools until the sun goes down. Too damned hot, otherwise.

My cousin and her husband lived there about 35 years ago and her husband was a construction worker. He was telling me about the shift from working during the day to working at night because it was too damned hot to work outside during the day.

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
Still stuck here without my little car. They still don't have the parts in. :( Having to reschedule my Grandmother's neurology appt, not happy. And if it isn't finished soon, or a loaner car doesn't get returned soon, we might miss class tonight. :(

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, we got a new manager for the shift.....
Somebody who has never done the job.
She seems nice, but oye veh....

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will be in Phoenix for a week next month.

Hopefully I won’t melt

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
hA8AB0D1A
Ooh, what a lovely shunning sweater!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh, we got a new manager for the shift.....
Somebody who has never done the job.
She seems nice, but oye veh....
Ugh.... What is UP with promoting people to jobs they don't know anything about. My father always said, "If you want to be a good boss, you must be familiar with everything your subordinates do, or at least have an idea. Better yet - try your hand at their jobs. That way, they can never say, 'You have no idea what I am going through,' because you do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions