Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i had a big cook out on saturday. my wife and both my sons birthdays are this week ( 3 and 8 yo)
i made my own pressed burgers 1/4 pounders. cooked on the charcoal grill with mesquite wood chunks. had three choices of burgers.
  1. standard American burger with American cheese
  2. full strips of bacon and cheddar cheese with grilled onion
  3. mushroom and onion with swiss cheese.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i had a big cook out on saturday. my wife and both my sons birthdays are this week ( 3 and 8 yo)
i made my own pressed burgers 1/4 pounders. cooked on the charcoal grill with mesquite wood chunks. had three choices of burgers.
Sounds like good eats, man. I haven't fired up the grill yet this year - so much rain...

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
Had an early morning, had to drop my little car off at the shop. Now I am stranded at home. :(

Not that I had any where to go particularly, but now I can't if I want to. Guess I will cook and bake and stock the freezer with meatballs and banana bread. Better crank the air down so it doesn't get super hot in here.

We need an awning over the portion of the deck so we could grill and sit outside regardless of the silly weather.
I wish we had a cover on the whole darn deck. I like the outside, but not the sweltering heat and sunburns that come with it. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sounds delicious!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Had an early morning, had to drop my little car off at the shop. Now I am stranded at home. :(

Not that I had any where to go particularly, but now I can't if I want to. Guess I will cook and bake and stock the freezer with meatballs and banana bread. Better crank the air down so it doesn't get super hot in here.
Ooooh, meatballs and banana bread! Send some over!

I wish we had a cover on the whole darn deck. I like the outside, but not the sweltering heat and sunburns that come with it.:)
We can't cover the whole deck - we have things growing there: herbs, flowers for the pollinators, dwarf raspberry. They all need the sun.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good news - the temperature on the day of the Mad Mountain obstacle event is going to be somewhat lower than boiling. Bad news - it might rain, nobody knows when, so the track will be muddier than expected.

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
UGH! Surely I am not the only one that wants to pull my hair out when trying to get hold of the Dept or Revenue.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you get more rain than us here in Seattle .
Lately, we certainly have. Even the really sunny days seem to include 30 minutes of really hard rain.

(Bit of trivia, I was told Pittsburgh historically gets more days of rain than cities in the Great NorthWet.)

CrazedChris

Green Belt
Reaction score
I try to grow stuff on our deck, but it bakes out there. I had to put cheesecloth over my tomatoes one year. And one year the chickens were laying eggs and they would be soft boiled by the time I found them....lol.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Lately, we certainly have. Even the really sunny days seem to include 30 minutes of really hard rain.

(Bit of trivia, I was told Pittsburgh historically gets more days of rain than cities in the Great NorthWet.)
Depends on how you look at it . If you go my actual amoint of water that falls from the sky, most of the usa gets more rain than us.

If you count rainy days, we have more than most . About half the year .

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ah, springtime in the tropics. I have ants. The little suckers, not the medium or large ones. Time for chemical warfare, calling the bug people.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I try to grow stuff on our deck, but it bakes out there. I had to put cheesecloth over my tomatoes one year. And one year the chickens were laying eggs and they would be soft boiled by the time I found them....lol.
Well, that sort of saves you a step, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions