Pretty much all of the actual street cars that show up. :D

Street cars...hmmm.....So your racing these then :D

578S-training-110712-Recovered-copy.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't there some sort of special car requirements for drag racing?

Not really. As with most competition-based things, there are classes. And there is a class for street cars. Now, a lot of those 'street cars' will have drag radials, two-step ignitions, etc. Things intended to make them more effective in straight line acceleration. Personally, I don't have any of that. I run the same tires that I use for a 4000 mile road trip (we're leaving on one of those next month...) at the same pressure I use to drive every day. I have a manual transmission. I launch from idle, just like I would leaving a stop light (anything above idle and I just smoke the tires anyway...). As a result, pretty much anybody can beat me off the line. My ET (Elapsed Time) down the quarter mile is not bad for a street car; I run mid-12-second times. But my trap speed at the end of the run is 122-123MPH. Which means that if I put on drag tires and launched hard, I'd be running low-11-second times. And if I were running at sea level, instead of 7500 feet, I'd be running solid 9-second times, with trap speeds of 135-140.

Street cars...hmmm.....So your racing these then :D

I'll post a video... :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've known some people who managed to screw up cooking fish. I don't know how - but they did. Talk about the black thumb of cooking!
Overcook fish .Thats about the only way I know . Or use cheap fish . for example, Atlantic salmon is nasty stuff.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking into buying a training dummy so I can practice with something other than my WOODEN dummy. So many different brands out there.

Can anyone recommend one? Also, are these things capable of standing on their own? I see some come with chains, which implies having to hang them up...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Overcook fish .Thats about the only way I know . Or use cheap fish . for example, Atlantic salmon is nasty stuff.

Or old fish. I've noticed that the fresher it is, the less "fishy" it smells. I eat a ton of seafood when we're in the Caribbean. In Colorado... not so much.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking into buying a training dummy so I can practice with something other than my WOODEN dummy. So many different brands out there.

Can anyone recommend one? Also, are these things capable of standing on their own? I see some come with chains, which implies having to hang them up...
Get a friend or a significant other to train with you. LOADS less expensive. ;)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or old fish. I've noticed that the fresher it is, the less "fishy" it smells. I eat a ton of seafood when we're in the Caribbean. In Colorado... not so much.
I am addicted to fresh water fish and seafood both. Have been since I came to the States. I know people here complain about mercury in fish and other possible risks, but I'll tell you what - it is REALLY refreshing to have some confidence your fish is not poisoned or radioactive. Where I grew up, that was luxury.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Didn't know that (about the cheap fish and Atlantic salmon). I am very non-discriminating when it comes to salmon - I've never had any until I came to the States. I really like smoked salmon - I make this little appetizer with rosemary Triscuits, cream cheese, and smoked salmon. @gpseymour usually picks up the dish and tries to run away with it. :)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't know that (about the cheap fish and Atlantic salmon). I am very non-discriminating when it comes to salmon - I've never had any until I came to the States. I really like smoked salmon - I make this little appetizer with rosemary Triscuits, cream cheese, and smoked salmon. @gpseymour usually picks up the dish and tries to run away with it. :)

b5LGyjf.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Aren't there some sort of special car requirements for drag racing?

So here's a video of some of the runs I made last Friday. A couple of them are against actual drag cars (one of which you can manages to lift one front tire off the ground) and show the difference between traction and HP. Traction wins off the line. HP wins at the end. Having both would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions