Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I spent the tax payer's money very well today, revising a set of 18 songs that form a concept album I wrote just before my daughters were born. LOL
you seem like a nice enough guy, but these kinds of posts are infuriating.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, a tip for all of you - Zumba lovers out there (especially @Xue Sheng ): don't wear workout capri leggings you bought when you were at your heaviest weight, before you'd lost 15 pounds, to a class with a high-energy instructor. You will end up doing the OTHER Picard maneuver the entire 45 minutes.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sometimes, it really is just about throwing things together and cooking them. Driving home from Zumba, I had NO idea what I was going to have for dinner. Here is what I ended up with:

- rose potato wedges roasted with herbs de Provence, lemon pepper, pancetta, and truffle oil.
- scallops cooked in the tiniest bit of duck fat with more lemon pepper.
- small salad of tomato and home-grown spinach and lettuce.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am actually allergic to uncooked apples. Not a joke - it's a medically established fact. If I have a fresh apple, I start looking like the Elephant Man in about 15 minutes. It's hilarious (according to @gpseymour ) but highly unattractive and very inconvenient. I can have apple pie, apple butter, or, for that matter bacon-wrapped apples. But not fresh apples. That stuff can kill you!

Well... I do hope you'd cook bacon wrapped apples before you eat them...

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, a tip for all of you - Zumba lovers out there (especially @Xue Sheng ): don't wear workout capri leggings you bought when you were at your heaviest weight, before you'd lost 15 pounds, to a class with a high-energy instructor. You will end up doing the OTHER Picard maneuver the entire 45 minutes.
Somehow, I suspect most of us don't have to worry about wearing capri leggings... ever.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sometimes, it really is just about throwing things together and cooking them. Driving home from Zumba, I had NO idea what I was going to have for dinner. Here is what I ended up with:

- rose potato wedges roasted with herbs de Provence, lemon pepper, pancetta, and truffle oil.
- scallops cooked in the tiniest bit of duck fat with more lemon pepper.
- small salad of tomato and home-grown spinach and lettuce.
I made some pan roasted tilapia with a green salad.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made some pan roasted tilapia with a green salad.
I baked a ham slice, dusted with black pepper, ground clove, and brown sugar. Made a box of "cheesy" scalloped potatoes to go alongside...

I'll claim it as "real" cooking since I seasoned the ham...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I baked a ham slice, dusted with black pepper, ground clove, and brown sugar. Made a box of "cheesy" scalloped potatoes to go alongside...

I'll claim it as "real" cooking since I seasoned the ham...
the secret is that cooking fish is super easy. Salt, pepper, garlic, some lemon.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

noted...don't wear capri leggings to Zumba......

Status
Not open for further replies.