Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looked down and this was the mileage on my work truck on the way home.

131313 on Friday the 13th... I’m lucky I made it home.

dkutI2V.jpg
The witches must be looking after you. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
We don't need to see you in a halter t....

Oh, wait. Um...

Never mind.
It's HOLTER. With an O. You realize that, being the cardiology coding support analyst, among other things, I work Holter cases all the time. HOW did this terminology not rub off on you?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Warrior Dash survived. Huge thanks goes to my zumba and POUND instructor. This was my fifth mud run, and my fourth Warrior Dash, but the first time I was able to scale Warrior Summit - a 20-foot tall obstacle I had previously bypassed due to fear of heights and insufficient upper body strength. I got stuck in the mud pit later and had to be shoved out via communal effort (pictures coming later). And I did almost have a height-related panic attack near the top of the summit. But I did scale the summit.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got two steroid injections for my back yesterday....Feel 150% better today. On a side note, after looking at my x-rays the doctor told me I had perfect skeletal structure......Told my wife "see just more evidence of how awesome I am".....she is wanting a 2nd opinion. ;)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got two steroid injections for my back yesterday....Feel 150% better today. On a side note, after looking at my x-rays the doctor told me I had perfect skeletal structure......Told my wife "see just more evidence of how awesome I am".....she is wanting a 2nd opinion. ;)
OWWWWWW! I mean - I am thrilled you are feeling better. But injections of anything to anywhere - especially the back - sound AWFUL. That said - I have skeletal structure envy. My skeletal structure is rubbish.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Warrior Dash survived. Huge thanks goes to my zumba and POUND instructor. This was my fifth mud run, and my fourth Warrior Dash, but the first time I was able to scale Warrior Summit - a 20-foot tall obstacle I had previously bypassed due to fear of heights and insufficient upper body strength. I got stuck in the mud pit later and had to be shoved out via communal effort (pictures coming later). And I did almost have a height-related panic attack near the top of the summit. But I did scale the summit.

Congratulations on the Warrior dash AND scaling the Warrior Summit

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Listen... PREGNANT WOMEN do Warrior Dash. Honestly. Surely, if pregnant women can do it, you can NAIL it.
I'm too old to be pregnant....
does that make it clear?!
:D
besides, I can't lift my arms on an off day....never mind running anywhere, even if I was on fire.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank you. @gpseymour is doing a Tough Mudder in June, and then we are doing a Half Mudder in October. Wanna come?

I would, except over a year ago my orthopedic Doc told me that I should not run for exercise, and I do not want to go against Doctors orders.....who knew that excuse (although truthful) would ever come in handy :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would, except over a year ago my orthopedic Doc told me that I should not run for exercise, and I do not want to go against Doctors orders.....who knew that excuse (although truthful) would ever come in handy :D
I don't run either. In my case, it's more of a Warrior Stroll, really. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm too old to be pregnant....
does that make it clear?!
:D
besides, I can't lift my arms on an off day....never mind running anywhere, even if I was on fire.
I don't do running either. I tried. Honestly. Just... didn't develop a good relationship between me an running. So, I walk. And when I can't climb, there is always someone helpful there to shove me over. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Nice job! And an even nicer job getting over Warrior Summit. :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice job! And an even nicer job getting over Warrior Summit. :)
Thank you. After I climbed down from the summit I actually had to sit down for a little bit. I looked up at it and said, "What the hell was I thinking climbing all the way up there?! Was I insane?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions