Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
it can be shocking for some people to hear their recorded voice. ive been recording my voice since i was young for music. what i hear in my head is pretty much what i sound like but i do not think that is true for most. the resonance in the skull seems to make people think they sound different then they actually do.

im trying to do it in one take. i do not have any editing software yet. im really just trying to figure out the process of making the videos. lighting, b-roll, editing bumpers. audio i am well familiar with since i have done a lot of music and sound work in the past. but the modern stuff does make me feel old.
Since I've been singing since a very young age, I also got to hear myself recorded at a fairly young age too. So... on one hand, I am used to it - it doesn't shock me anymore. On the other hand... I feel as if my voice hadn't changed at all, I sound like a perpetual five-year old.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
giphy.gif
And iguanas falling out of trees. Poor beasties.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Saw The Last Jedi yesterday. I have NO IDEA what people were complaining about. It has everything I would expect from a Star Wars movie - and I do mean it in a good way. The cycle of death of the old heroes and appearance of new ones - check. The battle between good and evil - check. Lightsaber action - check. Plus adorable animals and tons of fabulous female characters. And epically bad science (a directed bomb drop in space and loud explosions - also in space) and sometimes goofy dialog make it a right proper Star Wars classic.

P.S. To those who saw it - yes, I did cry during the scene in the cave before the final showdown.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Most folks struggle with either, but you're right - most fear a group more.

I don't do terribly well sitting and speaking. I'm not as good at that, even with a group. Many of my videos were taken with a selfie-stick, while out walking or hiking (a very different feel when I'm active), using an image stabilization app. When I film in my "studio", I find it takes a fair amount of concentration to stay in-frame. I have the same issue when I try to video a training seminar. I even had one where I thought it would be easy, because the room actually had a small stage. During filming, I left the stage (and camera range) at least 4 times while talking.
put a tape mark on the floor.
Heck, the pros do!

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
glad to see this sub-zero weather has past. being a New Englander, now thats its back up to the 20's and 30's ...time to break out the shorts and T-shirts.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Watched The Shape of Water last night. Wonderfully acted, beautifully shot - then it fell apart.
Note to writers and directors...when you make your antagonist into a cartoon character, you'll have a cartoon.

Seems to me that Diretor Guillermo del Toro has grown to a stature of someone who takes a crap - and the sheep of Hollywood want to frame it and put it in a fricking museum.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Watched The Shape of Water last night. Wonderfully acted, beautifully shot - then it fell apart.
Note to writers and directors...when you make your antagonist into a cartoon character, you'll have a cartoon.

Seems to me that Diretor Guillermo del Toro has grown to a stature of someone who takes a crap - and the sheep of Hollywood want to frame it and put it in a fricking museum.

Shape of water!?!?

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

That's too bad - I love his work generally. I think I'd still like to see it. I have a propensity for liking movies other people don't. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's too bad - I love his work generally. I think I'd still like to see it. I have a propensity for liking movies other people don't. :)

I loved the first half of this movie so much I was getting giddy. But by half way through, in my opinion, they blew it....big time blew it. I so wish I had had the first half of that script and had the opportunity to finish it.

Tonight I'm either watching Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri or The Darkest Hour. Looking forward to both.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i remember seeing "The Abyss"
i thought it was a great movie, ,,,,until....the ending. it was like the production company came in and said,,,,,ok people youve been here too long already time to wrap this thing up. cut it short"
the ending was a total failure in my eyes.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I loved the first half of this movie so much I was getting giddy. But by half way through, in my opinion, they blew it....big time blew it. I so wish I had had the first half of that script and had the opportunity to finish it.

Tonight I'm either watching Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri or The Darkest Hour. Looking forward to both.
We FINALLY watched Kingsman: Secret Service. Loved it. Colin Firth killing it (literally) whilst dressed in a Saville Row suit is completely adorable. Of course... now... you-know-who wants Firth's entire wardrobe. And that gentlemen's shop.

I am getting ready to corrupt @gpseymour with a binge watch of the first season of Westworld.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Back to my full exercise schedule after the holiday slowdown. So... step kicked my a*** yesterday... yoga kicked my a*** tonight... Stay tuned for zumba kicking my a*** tomorrow and aikido kicking my a*** on Thursday and Saturday. And then we'll start all over again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions