Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who let's you play with knives?!
I love knives, although I have only limited training with training knives for self-defense purposes. You know, so that, after practicing all those knife takeaways, you don't accidentally stab yourself and do the job for your assailant. I do love what one of my instructors used to say, "A five-foot tall woman with a knife is a giant." :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I love knives, although I have only limited training with training knives for self-defense purposes. You know, so that, after practicing all those knife takeaways, you don't accidentally stab yourself and do the job for your assailant. I do love what one of my instructors used to say, "A five-foot tall woman with a knife is a giant." :)
yeah, but who gave Donald a blade?!

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
What is a bunkai form? Bunkai is techniques and principles that are hidden within the forms.
an accident on my part... just regular bunkai.
Who let's you play with knives?!
sai aren't knifes. the ones i own aren't sharp nor pointy.

but this is!
2342-1428024495-f7a5e317fb03fb3b91a4d5eb864b45b6.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed, and that is less than a mile from me at the moment....and to be honest, I don't mind the cold...but ask me how I feel about Mid February and my opinion may have changed by then
how does your opinion change by mid-febuary? im gonna guess your enjoying it! just a big ol snow day running around and making snow angels all day long

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
how does your opinion change by mid-febuary? im gonna guess your enjoying it! just a big ol snow day running around and making snow angels all day long

February is generally below zero without windchill and if it is a typical February it is a WHOLE lot of snow and that is when I run out of places to put it and have to start digging snow banks back.....by February I am usually ready for spring

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, but who gave Donald a blade?!
<giggle>

Seriously, though, when I was growing up in Ukraine, my parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and my parents' friends all believed it was a good idea to get kids acquainted with kitchen utensils sooner rather than later - including knives. For big celebrations, when tremendous amounts of food were prepared, the young ones were usually on peeling duty and slicing duty. Amazingly, there were very few injuries.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's winter in Colorado and snowmageddon has begun. I think the Vette and I will both be staying inside...

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Took a ride up to Haleakala summit last night. It was 25 degrees.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's up to 60F now. The bitter cold has left.
Binge watching Mr Robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions