Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ever see a mouse open a bottle of beer?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like some of the neighbors got christmas decorations up.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.... That was a unique day in court.

I wrote a guy for "Failure to observe marked lanes" and "Speeding 44/30" a while back. His mouth and attitude nearly got him a trip before the magistrate when I cited him. Court date finally came up today...

He enters a plea of "no contest" to both, and proceeds to complain that I followed him for "4.2 miles" before I stopped him. Denied doing either violation, too... Judge actually has/lets me testify to answer his questions, and I run it down. He starts to argue with me, and the judge puts a stop to it. So he decides to change his plea -- but the judge isn't having any of it; he was about to rule anyway. Guy looks at me and says "You're retarded." Judge stops -- takes his glasses off -- and asks the guy what he said. He repeats it. Judge tells him to have a seat and we'll come back to him. I never saw the guy sit, but I'm told he did and almost immediately pops back up and leaves.

Yeah... Not wise. Deputy, another cop, and I go out after him and brings him back. He continues to be stupid, pulling against the deputy. Which led to a cuffing and removal to holding cell.

A couple of hours later, at the end of the docket, the judge brings him back up, and asks why he shouldn't give the kid 10 days in jail to think about his behavior. He ends up apologizing to me, to the judge, the clerk of court, all the deputies...

We'll see him again, I'm sure... and he'll be just as much fun.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Why, yes, actually. The rumba. Rumbas are always good in moonlight pale.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
original-2852ce28c91844b7da68a8621abb2f30.jpg

This afternoon this piece of baggage had gone round and round on the baggage carousel by the time I got there. Woke up angry, belligerent and making wild threats. Did the standard luggage procedure, had somebody contact the owner, who came and correctly identified the contents - overfilled with Bombay Gin.
So we sent it packing. (Oh,snap!)

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score
Writing essays while listening to xmas music and a housemate threw a soviet flag at me in an attempt to turn the music off. Meanwhile my other housemate was searching in the garden for his 'last clean shirt' and the rest of the neighbourhood are all setting off fireworks.

You ever just sir and wonder when/why did life become so weird?

PS the flag is now mounted on the living room wall.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well.... That was a unique day in court.

I wrote a guy for "Failure to observe marked lanes" and "Speeding 44/30" a while back. His mouth and attitude nearly got him a trip before the magistrate when I cited him. Court date finally came up today...

He enters a plea of "no contest" to both, and proceeds to complain that I followed him for "4.2 miles" before I stopped him. Denied doing either violation, too... Judge actually has/lets me testify to answer his questions, and I run it down. He starts to argue with me, and the judge puts a stop to it. So he decides to change his plea -- but the judge isn't having any of it; he was about to rule anyway. Guy looks at me and says "You're retarded." Judge stops -- takes his glasses off -- and asks the guy what he said. He repeats it. Judge tells him to have a seat and we'll come back to him. I never saw the guy sit, but I'm told he did and almost immediately pops back up and leaves.

Yeah... Not wise. Deputy, another cop, and I go out after him and brings him back. He continues to be stupid, pulling against the deputy. Which led to a cuffing and removal to holding cell.

A couple of hours later, at the end of the docket, the judge brings him back up, and asks why he shouldn't give the kid 10 days in jail to think about his behavior. He ends up apologizing to me, to the judge, the clerk of court, all the deputies...

We'll see him again, I'm sure... and he'll be just as much fun.

I like that story! It reminds people hey! There are people dumber then me out there!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
It used to be people waited until AT LEAST after Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decorations and so on. The malls here are already doing it. Thankfully, they ARE still holding off on the Christmas music.

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score
It used to be people waited until AT LEAST after Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decorations and so on. The malls here are already doing it. Thankfully, they ARE still holding off on the Christmas music.

The unstoppable tide is here once more. Christmas will not be denied another month. Submit or no mince pies for you ;)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Still doing the freelance writing thing, although it is through websites like Fiverr and Upwork. They downfall of these sites is they tend to cheapen services. People want you to write an entire novel for $5.

I need to create a system of rates for various kinds of projects and then strike out on my own. The thing is, I am so busy doing the current underpaid freelance work that I don't have the time to research where I could hawk my wares! I may have to bite the bullet, put myself in "vacation" mode on those sites, and risk losing that pay in the hopes of finding bigger tickets.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just had a sad thought: it is sad that I would rather post on here than any other board on this site, including the one dedicated to my style. Why? Too much bickering, not enough open-mindedness. Now I know why so many people believe Wing Chun is ineffective: people who study the style but come from different lineages can't even agree!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am so bored at work.

The threads aren't really moving anywhere...at least, none of the ones I care to comment on! lol

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
image.jpeg

The Boy having a broken leg is a good excuse to play hooky and work on the outdoor kitchen, the blob on the left is a half finished pizza oven.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions