Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We do actually get snow - sometimes even real amounts (more than 6”). I don’t recall ever seeing any in October.

And just to complete the false Winter, our power has been out for 6 hours at the moment.
call whitefish, I hear their schedule is clearing out....

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Rain and wind...... and based on the news today...for some reason...these song lyrics keep going through my demented little noggin

Well, I went home with the waitress
The way I always do
How was I to know
She was with the Russians, too

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hope Sheriff Taylor was able to manage without you ;)

Fortunately, he didn't have to nip anything in the bud. But he can relax now. Because of Karate, my whole body's a weapon.

Barney.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power is finally back on. This completes our testing of the Southern Winter System (TM). Had this been an actual Southern Winter (TM), you would have experienced more rain and possible accumulations of snow in unpredictable amounts from a dusting so dangerous we must cancel all school for tomorrow before noon today, to several inches of snow safe enough that we'll wait and decide in the morning what we should do.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We should have power by 4PM. Looks like I’m heading to the Y for a shower.
we have a gas water heater, so while I might have to take a shower by candlelight, I do have hot water when the power goes out. :)

Every year we talk about getting a whole house generator installed, and every year we decide not to until the power goes out for about 3 days... then we swear we're going to do it, but then don't think about it again until the power goes out the next year.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we have a gas water heater, so while I might have to take a shower by candlelight, I do have hot water when the power goes out. :)

Every year we talk about getting a whole house generator installed, and every year we decide not to until the power goes out for about 3 days... then we swear we're going to do it, but then don't think about it again until the power goes out the next year.
We haven't gotten around to the gas water heater, though it's on the list. We are on a well, and our pressure tank doesn't hold pressure when we lose power (backflow valve is probably shot), so that has to be fixed first. We're actually looking at a smallish generator. We don't mind not having everything, but we'd like to preserve the food in the freezer, run one space heater (the wood stove is too far from the master bedroom/bathroom), keep the well pump going, and have a bit of light.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rotator cuff is back to about 90% range of motion, and about 80% painless. Good enough to start building back up.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good work encouraging him! Sometimes it amazes me what people (myself included) hold back from doing, then turn out to be extremely ready to do.

Thanks!! He's one of my favorite color belts at our dojang -
in that - while he's a transplant from another school, he came
in fully prepared to start from scratch. He told our Instructor
he would start over if necessary and work his way back up
and he completely respects our 'no shortcut' attitude. He
is 100% engaged in class, is helpful and has earned every belt -
All signs point to him testing for Red belt in February '18

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
we have a gas water heater, so while I might have to take a shower by candlelight, I do have hot water when the power goes

We get our water from a well so no power.....no water.....luckily we don't lose power much and when we do they get it back on quickly.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We get our water from a well so no power.....no water.....luckily we don't lose power much and when we do they get it back on quickly.
We've talked about adding a manual pump. If the pressure tank were working properly, it should be possible to pump in enough water to take a shower and such. Or, just get that generator - our dialog goes about like Steve's on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions