Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
You should make it multifunctional:

94cda78811ccbccb9fb6ef5fbe6ec320.jpg

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
i dont think im Zoned properly for an out house. but that sun mar might be an actual option. i was going for a hole in the floor but that might be better.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Texas has some nice pottery. Found an old Marshall pottery pitcher in an antique store and bought a few nice pieces at the castroville pottery studio. As an added bonus, they were working in the studio and we were given an Impromptu tour of their setup. Pretty cool.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been thinking about building a dojo on my property for a few days now. been a dream of mine for a long time . i was going to build a big garage with dojo space above , but that seems financially to be limiting so i am thinking about just a dojo. something like a barn or large shed. problem with building just the dojo, is there would be no sewerage line for a toilet.
If CB's solution is too straightforward for you, composting toilets exist, too. No sewerage needed.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hurting today, after a visit back to my old school last night for a couple of classes. I don't take the beating of energetic training days very well any more. And one very nice recovery from a bad block against a front kick ended up with an elbow block on my big toe.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'm hurting today as well, still a bit from the Krav Maga class (calves) and last night I decided I have been going to easy on myself in my workout so I kicked it up a notch.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hurting today as well, still a bit from the Krav Maga class (calves) and last night I decided I have been going to easy on myself in my workout so I kicked it up a notch.
I don't get to play at much intensity most of the time in my own program - simply nobody near my level yet. So, I'm out of practice. I don't think I take falls technically very well anymore, and I'm not as good at protecting my joints (which are, of course, faster to lock than they once were).

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't get to play at much intensity most of the time in my own program - simply nobody near my level yet. So, I'm out of practice. I don't think I take falls technically very well anymore, and I'm not as good at protecting my joints (which are, of course, faster to lock than they once were).
thats the down side to teaching. you dont get to really train. thats why i really like seminars.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats the down side to teaching. you dont get to really train. thats why i really like seminars.
Agreed. Though I know some instructors don't join in seminars when they aren't teaching, so if 4 instructors do a seminar together, each one is either teaching or observing. I'd want to be a student every moment I could manage.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed. Though I know some instructors don't join in seminars when they aren't teaching, so if 4 instructors do a seminar together, each one is either teaching or observing. I'd want to be a student every moment I could manage.

i guess i have been lucky. the American Uechi-ryu organization has a week end camp every year. there are usually at least seven, 10th degrees hanshi grade instructors as well as many 7th 8th and 9th guys there too. these guys have been training since the 1950/ 1960's. on top of that George Mattson invites top outside people as well. Rory Miller is a regular. Tony Blauer from the Spear System. too many people to acknowledge.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't mind stupid questions from customers
at work... what I mind is stupid questions from
customer who own their business.. there's just
some things I shouldn't have to teach them.. IMO

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less painful this morning. Even the elbowed toe is feeling mostly normal.

Now, I just need some motivation to actually do some work.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
i guess i have been lucky. the American Uechi-ryu organization has a week end camp every year. there are usually at least seven, 10th degrees hanshi grade instructors as well as many 7th 8th and 9th guys there too. these guys have been training since the 1950/ 1960's. on top of that George Mattson invites top outside people as well. Rory Miller is a regular. Tony Blauer from the Spear System. too many people to acknowledge.

I love that camp.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I got myself in a predicament.
not horribly so, buuuut.
Ok, back story:
I was/am a member of a different forum.
and I dared, DARED I say, post something to the regard of, oh, hey, the pres might get us fried under a nuclear mushroom, good knowing you guys.
well, This old gal got banned for 'overt disregard of the rules'

Well, but I am a rebel.
and I don't really see where other folks get to flaunt the rules and not get banned.

So ole Gran got reincarnated.
as dude.
with a broken heart.

now they want pictures.
Now I need to find pictures of a dude, fit but no longer trim, cowboy guy (but not those young studs you can find readily on the net)
medium.
medium age, height, hair....
a bit portly but not fat.

and there isn't a rodeo near by.

and yes, I have considered the obstacles:
ma'am, may I take pictures of your husband, for purely nefarious reasons.
Which I hope will not come back to haunt you.

:happy::happy::happy::happy:
where is that roflmao icon we used to have!!!

I take volunteers! ;):photogenic:

Status
Not open for further replies.