Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
YMCA wants you to have insurance.

Really? Ours doesn't. Are you approaching them as wanting to use their space to provide a class, or as wanting to be a part of the YMCA and let them offer a new program? If the former, then I can see needing insurance. We are a YMCA program, and are covered by their insurance.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
YMCA wants you to have insurance. As for other martial arts schools, I have yet to find ones who have empty time in their schools so I could train some people in wing chun. Plus it is kind of intimidating to me to call a school up and say, "Hi, mind if I teach another style there?" It makes me feel like I might as well be saying, "Wanna run the risk of students from YOUR style seeing my stuff, and then wanting to study that instead? Thanks!"

There is the Albany Y group and the southern Saratoga group, do they both have the same requirement.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
As I mentioned before, I used to do that all the time. Would have loved to have had Wing Chun classes being taught in my old school. I think it would have benefited my students greatly.

Well then, it is a shame you don't own a school this way now that I can teach! LOL

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Really? Ours doesn't. Are you approaching them as wanting to use their space to provide a class, or as wanting to be a part of the YMCA and let them offer a new program? If the former, then I can see needing insurance. We are a YMCA program, and are covered by their insurance.

I didn't think to try the second way. Maybe I will give that a shot with the Saratoga Y. Or maybe there is one in Stillwater.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rock in situ......
original-a072a4cdbc452a100f779dd388c7ed90.jpg

Rock in kitchen....
original-6f1b26831a3671c8caa1a4f610840efa.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have been going since about 10 this morning, repairs, cleaning and yard work.... I am now done and I am going to it down and enjoy a cup of gunpowder tea

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Called in to work. Relaxing...busy hitting up freelance writing websites to hopefully earn some extra income.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Today is my Aloha Friday!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Geez, I had hardly any freelance writing work when the day started. Now I am drowning in it. But that is a good thing.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

They train the new guys with that word. I think it's pretty cool, actually. But, again, it's not exactly a high crime area.

Ask...Listen...OfferHelp...Ask again..

And...Aloha, Xue!

Ademadis

Green Belt
Reaction score
Walked into my living room to find two of my house mates standing in a very Karate esc horse stance. Got very excited for a second but apparently they've decided to start fencing, not karate :'C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions