Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
The cool thing is, this site is willing to take on my super dark novella, which is titled "Maybe the Dream Knows What's Real." I have been trying to sell this thing for ages, but no one would buy it because there is no money in novellas. If I couldn't find a place to publish it, then I was about to expand it to novel length and try that route.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Trying to think if there were any other updates.

Oh! Got my first freelance writing gig OUTSIDE of the content mills like Fiverr. Got $80 for a gig that would have landed me only $48 on Fiverr. :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having some fun working on a new go-to speech for introducing what I do (help managers build, develop, and lead effective and engaged teams) to audiences. Finally working out a way to use my MA training stories to introduce topics to business audiences.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I submitted the article for the first non-Fiverr freelance job I had. The person wrote back and said it was a great article, but wasn't written in the tone they wanted. Then they said, "We sent you the rest of the money. Thanks anyway."

Now I realize my mistake: I didn't tell them they could get a free revision with that. I guess it isn't too late to reach back out and suggest it. It's doubtful they will take me up on the offer, but oh well...you can always try.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Why are my knees hurting?

I took a week off from my workout because I was waking up so incredibly stiff in the mornings. Have not done my usual workout for 6 days now and my knees are killing me.

Looks like I need to slap on the knee braces and get back to it this weekend and see if things straighten out

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why are my knees hurting?

I took a week off from my workout because I was waking up so incredibly stiff in the mornings. Have not done my usual workout for 6 days now and my knees are killing me.

Looks like I need to slap on the knee braces and get back to it this weekend and see if things straighten out

What kind of workout?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I submitted the article for the first non-Fiverr freelance job I had. The person wrote back and said it was a great article, but wasn't written in the tone they wanted. Then they said, "We sent you the rest of the money. Thanks anyway."

Now I realize my mistake: I didn't tell them they could get a free revision with that. I guess it isn't too late to reach back out and suggest it. It's doubtful they will take me up on the offer, but oh well...you can always try.
I'd definitely make the offer. Let them know you'd like them to be entirely satisfied.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is amazing...the amount of work I do sometimes to avoid working.

Got a product description to write, but I am avoiding it like the plague.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What kind of workout?

Cardio and light weight...taijiquan, Yiquan and Yoga. Still doing the Taijiquan, Yiquan and Yoga. Saturday I will hit it again. I am fairly certain it was lack of recovery time that was causing the previous stiffness. As for the current knee pain. AS I think about it, this was pretty much the norm before I started back to a regular workout about 3 months ago.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Commonality between painting your kitchen and BJJ class? They both make you hurt in places you didn't know you had.....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Commonality between painting your kitchen and BJJ class? They both make you hurt in places you didn't know you had.....
And watching people who have much more experience than you makes it very clear how much skill you don't have, no matter how good you are.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Had a dream last night..... I was driving around in a red 1958 Chevy Corvette Convertible......

corvette195870826.jpg

I think this means I HAVE to buy one....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a dream last night..... I was driving around in a red 1958 Chevy Corvette Convertible......

corvette195870826.jpg

I think this means I HAVE to buy one....
Growing up, my best friend's dad had one of these in his workshop. If I'd had the money, I might have been able to talk him out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.