Laser Range Finders

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Apparently I am looking to buy my husband a Laser Range Finder, or so he hinted yesterday ;)

Anyways, I came across this Bushnell Elite 1500 and was wondering what everyone thought about it. Does anyone have a range finder, if so, which one and what do you think of this one?

ELITE 1500

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't own one but I had a friend that had the "Quest" model (it's on the page you linked to). It worked well and was very easy to use.

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
What does he plan to use it for? Golf, bow, rifle? If its just for bow hunting, 1500 yrds may be a little overkill.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Marvin said:
What does he plan to use it for? Golf, bow, rifle? If its just for bow hunting, 1500 yrds may be a little overkill.

Rifle. :)

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Then that is a good choice, I have a bushnell and a nikon rangefinder. I like the bushnell much better.

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Marvin said:
Then that is a good choice, I have a bushnell and a nikon rangefinder. I like the bushnell much better.

Thanks Marvin. Much appreciated. Why do you like the Bushnell better? Is is the features or the quality overall?

Marvin

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lisa, the features are about the same. What I liked about the Bushnell was looking through the viewer, the nikon looked a lot darker; like I was looking through a tunnel.
The elite 1500 has the nice features of being waterproof and it floats. (both very handy in the field!)

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Marvin, much appreciated. I want to get him one that will last for years. Being on the prairie the feature of it floating isn't as important, however, the waterproof part is excellent. I am figuring he can use it when long range target shooting as well.

Latest Discussions