kyosatumi (sp)

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I ran into a black belt instructor tonight at a church dinner who practices a style of Karate I am not familiar with. Does anyone know anything about Kyosatumi (I have no idea if I'm spelling this correctly).

I don't think I'm spelling it correctly, because I can't find any information about it on the yahoo/google/wikipedia etc. . . Your expertise is GREATLY appreciated.

I'm just trying to figure out if it's an offshoot of a traditional ryu or if it's a modern style.

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Are you sure it`s not Kyokushinkai? The style founded by Mas Oyama back in the late 40`s early 50`s?

That's not how he pronounced it, I am familiar with kyokushin.. . He pronounced this 'Koh-sah-too-me'

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, it`s not something I`ve ever heard of. `Course that doesn`t mean it`s not the real deal. I`m learning new stuff all the time.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never heard of it but "kyosa" reminds me more of something Korean, than something Japanese.

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was speaking with an older instructor at my dojang, and he said it is a school of Shotokan. Apparently, they've been around my area (WV/OH) since the late 1960's. I have not had the opportunity to speak with the Kyosatumi BB again yet, but I am looking forward to finding out just exactly how it's spelled so I can look for more info about it.

Thanks for all your input!

OP
SahBumNimRush

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
After more digging.. . It is spelled Ko Sutemi Seiei Kan. It appears to be a blend of Jujutsu and Karate. Does anyone know anything about Either Ko Sutemi or Seiei Kan?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://akju.tripod.com/history.html

I found this if it's any good, I Googled it because I've got Google UK and thought it may come up with something different from yours but this is American anyway lol!

Latest Discussions