Kyokushin plus boxing cross training would this be a good base for getting into kickboxing comp?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He’s posted quite a few similar threads, a little while back and recently.
I don't mean since November. About a year ago(maybe more) there was another guy from Texas with a background in amateur MMA asking similar questions.

Dominic82555

White Belt
Reaction score
According to other threads, he’s currently training Kyokushin.
The man asked a simply question, why should this be an attempt to be confrontational in response, geezzz smh I'm out of here on this one.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All sport martial arts are acceptable, but if you think your kata dances are going to aid you in a fight then you need to make like a tree and get outta here.

Oh dear. I can see you are one of those.

'make like a tree', pure nonsense.

The man asked a simply question, why should this be an attempt to be confrontational in response, geezzz smh I'm out of here on this one.

That man, has been here before and asked this before and didn't like the answers.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What confrontation? Someone asked if was training anything, and I said according to another thread he’s training Kyokushin.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lol this thread just appeared in notifications. Man I can't believe you gave this idiot the time of day
It was fun while it lasted. It was one of those nights where I was bored and had nothing better to do than seeing how far his stupidity would sink.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

That man, has been here before and asked this before and didn't like the answers.
Lol the clown got banned ages ago I didn't even get a chance to reply to any of his bs before he was gone

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lol the clown got banned ages ago I didn't even get a chance to reply to any of his bs before he was gone
He was here for a night. The village idiots usually take a while to get banned, but I could tell this guy was going to be gone quick, so I got as much in as I could.

Dominic82555

White Belt
Reaction score

My bad, I did a little research and he's all over the place with the same non sense smh. Who is he Rasputin?

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
If someone punches you, are you really going to break out into kihon kata #2 and preform a middle block, lunge forward to punch, middle block the other way, lunge forward to punch etc...

Old post, guy's gone etc. But anyway...

Does anyone really think that is the actual intention of kata - that it's a scripted response to a fight situation?

Latest Discussions