Kuntao Silat deThouars Practice Group Forming in NW Chicago

stel27

White Belt
Reaction score
(Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this - it seemed like the best target audience for this post)

Since our Guru Joe Judt moved his Kuntao Silat classes from Chicago proper out to Plainfield Illinois, a few of us have started training during the week in Rosemont, IL. The group leader, Jeff Fargo, is a certified practice leader in the system and can show you plenty of Kuntao.

We are looking for serious, dedicated students to join us. We usually meet on Wednesdays from 5:30 - 7pm and are looking for a space indoors to train as the summer wanes. The space will most likely be around Cumberland and the Kennedy in Rosemont. The cost, when that happens, will just be to cover rent. Of course, you will be able attend Saturday classes with Guru Joe out in Plainfield as well - we are doing this because Plainfield is too far to make the Tues and Thursday classes.

The Kuntao Silat we study is from Willem deThouars, by way of Guru Steve Gartin and Guru Joe Judt. Guru Joe is a very insightful, methodical teacher of KS and Jeff (the practice leader) a diligent, detail-oriented student who can definitely get your Silat practice going.

We would prefer people with some martial arts experience - most of us come from years of studying other systems. Jeff studied Jun Fan/JKD for years, and I was a brown belt in Hwarangdo and a Shidokan kickboxer before we found Guru Joe. Kuntao Silat is VERY different from the more common martial arts taught - it would just help to know the basic mechanics of stances and breakfalls etc.

PM me if you're interested.

jeff5

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just want to bump this. Mike and I are looking for an indoor spot to practice, and it will be in the near northwest burbs of Chicago. (think out near O'Hare) I'm also in the far northwest suburbs, so if anyone is out that way I do have space to train.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail or PM me here. I'm sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post this. Not really looking to advertise a school or anything, we're just looking for more folks to train with. Take care.

Jeff

P.S. Here's a link to our instructor's site. Thanks again.

http://web.mac.com/masjudt/iWeb/Site 2/Home.html