Kung Fu vs MMA

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
they are quite robust demo, I've seen sparing vids posted that don't have as much contact as that

And proffesional wrestling matches that have more.

Contact is not necessarily realism.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And proffesional wrestling matches that have more.

Contact is not necessarily realism.
but light contact is less real, reality is after all relative, as Einstein pointed out.

when people are bouncing of the floor because of the force they were put down with, that has at least as much reality as tkd playing foot tag with padding everywhere

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Its really no different to any possible video I could post.

Also there are elements embeded to other Kung-Fu styles in San Soo though but generally its about leverage and hard strikes what you are asking is not going to be easy to even show you. As you will only see slow less aggressive movement due to the core intent of the style and people in training or sparring don't kill each other, right!

This art is very deadly when actually used in full power and speed with intent to kill that is why its used by the military proven by the links in previous posts.

However this video might give a different view.................

Here are a couple more...............

Do you also believe pro wrestling is real?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its really no different to any possible video I could post.

Also there are elements embeded to other Kung-Fu styles in San Soo though but generally its about leverage and hard strikes what you are asking is not going to be easy to even show you. As you will only see slow less aggressive movement due to the core intent of the style and people in training or sparring don't kill each other, right!

This art is very deadly when actually used in full power and speed with intent to kill that is why its used by the military proven by the links in previous posts.

However this video might give a different view.................

Here are a couple more...............

Your responses speak of a lack of understanding. Very little as deadly as you claim, and no entire art/system.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you are just "Trolling" you can deny it but thats what you are doing as you would know even say in Akido people don't even strike hard with the sword to kill so people like you can see it, we live in modern times in countries with laws go back to ancient times for that or watch the history channel LoL

Its no point discussing with you have your way young lad :wacky:

But i appreciate the San Soo style you don't thats you not me LoL

Like i said earlier its more about you than the art!

Cheers ;)
If you are claiming in your first sentence that Aikido is a deadly art (moreso than just punching and shoving), you are delusional.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they are quite robust demo, I've seen sparing vids posted that don't have as much contact as that
I didn't watch the videos, so just ignore me if I'm not contributing on this. Demos use non-resisting partners, while sparring uses resisting partners. What we can manage to do in those two contexts is very different.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you also believe pro wrestling is real?
yes its as real as anything, i suppose you mean is it a real contest, probably not, but the muscles, the,agility the speed are real, I'm backing one of them guys against 99.99% of the population.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I didn't watch the videos, so just ignore me if I'm not contributing on this. Demos use non-resisting partners, while sparring uses resisting partners. What we can manage to do in those two contexts is very different.
No need you will still say the same statement. Demo vs actually applying those same technique against a resisting person is not the same thing.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
watch the vids, they are going at it, how much resistance there is , is up for debate, but it looks good, much better than most demos, they bounce when they hit the floor

think we have done this before? If you are good it doesn't matter if they are resting or not

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
but light contact is less real, reality is after all relative, as Einstein pointed out.

when people are bouncing of the floor because of the force they were put down with, that has at least as much reality as tkd playing foot tag with padding everywhere

Yeah but then if the other guy is trying to stop you a light contact has more relevance than if the guy is doing everything he can to make your hard contact work.

I can train a guy to hit you hard in about 10 minutes if you are dumb enough to either stand there and let him do it. Or attack him in a manner that let's him do it.

This is the principle behind security training by the way. You stand there while two guys come up and put you in goosenecks. Once it is locked on they crank the hell out of it to prove the technique works.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah but then if the other guy is trying to stop you a light contact has more relevance than if the guy is doing everything he can to make your hard contact work.

I can train a guy to hit you hard in about 10 minutes if you are dumb enough to either stand there and let him do it. Or attack him in a manner that let's him do it.

This is the principle behind security training by the way. You stand there while two guys come up and put you in goosenecks. Once it is locked on they crank the hell out of it to prove the technique works.
light contact foot tag is relevant to playing light contact foot tag, thats all,

the speed and the,agility in that demo are just as useful, probably more so, as it includes break falls

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
watch the vids, they are going at it, how much resistance there is , is up for debate, but it looks good, much better than most demos, they bounce when they hit the floor

think we have done this before? If you are good it doesn't matter if they are resting or not
They aren't going at it. Only one person is attacking, the other isn't trying to resist, avoid, counter, or defend against the attack. it's a Demo and there is no debate about if it's a demo or not.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
light contact foot tag is relevant to playing light contact foot tag, thats all,

the speed and the,agility in that demo are just as useful, probably more so, as it includes break falls

And so like professional wrestling the skill is more apparent in the guy who is loosing.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
yes its as real as anything, i suppose you mean is it a real contest, probably not, but the muscles, the,agility the speed are real, I'm backing one of them guys against 99.99% of the population.
I was asking the guy that can't seem to tell the difference between fighting and choreography, not you. But ya, I'd agree a guy that does that as a job/hobby would beat your average Walmart greeter or accountant.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not sure what this is a reference to, but it definitely matters whether they resist or not.
to another conversations we had about a,similar topic, don't worry it will come back to you as we roll put the same points

it matters some times, if i kick someone in the knee they are going over,they can resist all they like, they are still going over, that not a ma kick, its,a centre half's kick. If they resist by moving, then then they are,standing to the next one or the one after gets them, but they,are going down. Resistance is,futile,as they say

Latest Discussions