Kuk Sool Won, any practioners?

S

sasquatchnaruto

Hi just wanted to know who all practiced Kuk Sool I train under Sa Bu Nim Negben in meyerland

SenseiBear

Blue Belt
Reaction score
There used to be a few - Not me, though I do versions of some of the Kuk Sool forms.

OP
J

justinksw

I do! I practice (LOTS) under SBN Joe Burnett in Wolcott, NY. I've been taking it for two years now and I love it. I have two children (ages 8 and 5) taking it as well.

OP
S

sasquatchnaruto

will you be participating in the world championship? I won gold last year for the adult red belts 17-25(youngest one there alright lol)

OP
J

justinksw

I can't make it this year - however I am planning on going next year for sure. Good job on your gold medal last year too!

OP
J

justinksw

Check out this link... this is Master Gary Evarts and my instructor SBN Joe Burnett on the cover of TKD Times...

OP
S

sasquatchnaruto

so your going to korea?I would love to go but i dont think ill have the money to

OP
J

justinksw

I'm "planning" on going to Korea... the money isn't allocated yet but I'm doing my best to try to fit it in the budget. It would be a trip well worth the money based on speaking with everyone that went last time.

OP
S

sasquatchnaruto

yea i heard some funny stories about the morning meditation and stuff, but i would love to go and see how the koreans are at sparring

OP
S

sasquatchnaruto

woah pretty cool i wasnt able to read it all but i will eventually

OP
J

Jyo Ko Nym Joshua Powell

I have been a practioner in Kuk Sool for about 14 years. I got my 1st Dan 6 years ago, and I will be testing in Huston Texas for my 2nd durring Christmas time. I have just started a Kuk Sool class at Bob Jones University in Green Ville South Carolina where I am a Freshman. I first started taking Kuk Sool in Southern Ireland, and when I moved to the states I started to get into it again. My first teacher is Kyo Sa Nym Kevin Fitch.

OP
S

sasquatchnaruto

cool man your taking the test out at kingwood right>?

OP
M

Mr_Scissors

Have any of you ever had to use your KSW in a real fight? I just started taking some KSW lessons under Sa Beom Nim Robert Carson, and I'm curious about the practicality of the style.