KT:Training at home

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Training at home
By GKempo - 11-03-2012 02:31 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Just wanted to get some thoughts. What do you consider most important to train on at home when you are not at the dojo and do not have a partner? Push-ups? Forms and katas? Working on specific combinations and techniques? Running? Hitting the heavy bag? Stretching? Shadow boxing/punch combinations in the air? What in your opinion will benefit you the most in your art, both in terms of moving closer to your next rank or just being a better fighter? Does anyone have a training regiment that the follow?
For me, at this point it's working on forms and combinations/techniques ...trying to memorize all of my material!

Thanks in advance!

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Martialartsfan14780

White Belt
Reaction score
Great questions. :) I agree working on forms helps me the most too, but you're right about the need for more holistic training - boxing, cardio, etc. Wonder what others think?

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Training at home
By GKempo - 11-03-2012 02:31 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Just wanted to get some thoughts. What do you consider most important to train on at home when you are not at the dojo and do not have a partner? Push-ups? Forms and katas? Working on specific combinations and techniques? Running? Hitting the heavy bag? Stretching? Shadow boxing/punch combinations in the air? What in your opinion will benefit you the most in your art, both in terms of moving closer to your next rank or just being a better fighter? Does anyone have a training regiment that the follow?
For me, at this point it's working on forms and combinations/techniques ...trying to memorize all of my material!

Thanks in advance!

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

I guess my response is along the lines of, all of the above. A lot may depend on what kind of space you have to train in at home. I'd like to supplement and reinforce what I learn in class. I also like forms. At my age, I've become firmly implanted in the slow learners and underachievers group and it takes a lot of extra time to keep material attached to the brain cells. I'm in the process of building my own private dojang in my basement, more for the feeling of accomplishment than out of absolute necessity. I'll try to upload a picture if I can do it without crashing the page. View attachment $Iphone 011.jpg

Last edited: