KT:The Strong Side.

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
The Strong Side.
By KenpoHank - Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:20:04 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Is the strong side of a technique the side which we employ the stronger weapon or the side we learned the technique on?

Do you believe it to be physical or mental ?

I ask this question because we are taught to go "strong side first" in forms that work techniques on both sides.

Example: Crossing Talon in Long Three. Some people begin the sequence like the way we are taught - right grab to right wrist step in with left foot. Others, myself included, begin the opposite, left grab to left wrist, step in with right foot, strike with right forearm. The logic being although I was taught the technique left handed, I must begin with the right because it's the strong (physical) side.

I've read and seen some folks start the Crossing Talon set with the left hand finishing with the right side then stepping back with the right foot into a horse and stepping again with the right foot to 7:30 into Thrusting Wedge. This seems awkward to me. Same thing with Blinding Sacrifice, I was taught to begin with the right side to 10:30 while I read in multiple places that it begins with the left side towards 1:30.

How do you folks perform these sequences and why? Not to discredit any one's method or declare superiority, I am just genuinely curious.

Thanks for reading (and replying!)

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed