Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Teaching or Inspiration?
By nelson - Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:00:26 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Dear Kenpo brothers and sisters,

I read many posts on this forum regarding EP vs. Tracy Kenpo and who's better, bla, bla, bla. Much seems to be made of what techniques GMAEP did or did not learn from Mr. Chow and others. The orgin of what became the "original EPAK" katas has also been questioned here numerous times. While I'm not willing to pick sides in a political battle between systems I do have a few observations and questions that maybe some of you might have the answers.

Is it not more likely, in fact, that GMAEP did not both study and invent much of what has become known as American Kenpo? Why is it so difficult for some to acknowledge the the mind of a great master is a wellspring of creativity that has at it's source thoughts and concepts that aren't neccesarily passed down from generation to generation. How one attains the ability to tap into this "wellspring" is the real question as I see it and what is it ultimate source of this knowledge?

Are the thoughts of past masters somehow accesible to those who have paid the price both physically, spiritually and intellectually by their life long studies in the arts?

Nelson Kari

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions