Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Check out this youtube site
By BJTipton - 04-22-2011 03:47 AM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

http://www.youtube.com/user/tntdns#p/u/51/8WjtRkoHRK0

I went here after reading the Bowing to Buddha thread. It is a great reference to Tracy's Kenpo, if you have studied it. By great reference I mean that you can see people doing techniques that you recognize, even if they are a little different than what you know. Some things there I like, some things I don't. Some of the techniques are just the way I was taught and the way I teach, most are slightly different. It is a good place to compare what you do to what someone else is doing.

After watching some of the videos, what do you like or don't like?

The main thing I disagree with is covering out or disengaging after every technique. I do not believe it is a good habit to form.

I also they don't think they do a good job of neutralizing a potential punch in Rocking Elbow.

Another slight difference is the way I execute the heel palm in headlock. I hit though instead of snapping. If executed they won't be there for that knee to the...I don't really know where.

One other thing I really don't like is a whole lot of yelling and the open jaw Kia. A jaw is much easier to break when the mouth is wide open. I don't wanna be yelling and someone land a nice solid punch from the side.

Brandon Tipton

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Discussions