Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know much about other organisations and tbh I don't really care. Kmg is the one near me and it's well run in my opinion they've got good courses like bar fighting and ground fight courses plus regular instructor updates which is good. But if I went somewhere and saw a different organisation I'd have no problem training there as long as the teachings good

At least you know that the one near and that you train at you is generally respected by kravists.

lqkenpo

White Belt
Reaction score
Search out in Youtube a video about Russian Krav Maga. It looks beyond belief.

And I have a question, of course.
Does it work and exist in reality or Krav Maga is applicable only for videos?

Wanted to start Krav Maga but I'm not sure if it is not just a waste of time. Especially, for girls.
Help me out, please!

Bringing this back to context before the who can wind up who battle continues...

Honestly like anything and everything out there try it and find out. I would say do you research find a respected legit instructor to learn off and have fun learning a new art. different martial arts have different positives and negatives its finding the balance right for you. If your more worried about ground game self defense id lean towards BJJ but Krav (depending on the school) should if its legit give you coverage in that area as well. Have fun :)

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
At least you know that the one near and that you train at you is generally respected by kravists.
Well I don't train anymore there due to moving to New York and am running a kids class there but if I get some spare time I may see what I can find

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Search out in Youtube a video about Russian Krav Maga. It looks beyond belief.

And I have a question, of course.
Does it work and exist in reality or Krav Maga is applicable only for videos?

Wanted to start Krav Maga but I'm not sure if it is not just a waste of time. Especially, for girls.
Help me out, please!
Krav Maga, a system not a martial art, is from the IDF not Russia. You're probably confusing it with Systema, which is controversial. By IDF, I am referring to the Israeli Defence Force. The difference between a system and martial arts, is supposedly that a system continually evolves to suit modern situations, although you could argue that this is applicable to many martial arts nowadays, such as BJJ.

Krav Maga is specifically made for self defence in any environment by any means necessary. It helps you see and cut through the **** and lies that many McDojos and myths indulge you with. It is extremely effective, and if you're serious about it, you can take a 1-month course in Israel with some of its most influential coaches that will turn you into a self defence machine.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Krav Maga, a system not a martial art, is from the IDF not Russia. You're probably confusing it with Systema, which is controversial. By IDF, I am referring to the Israeli Defence Force. The difference between a system and martial arts, is supposedly that a system continually evolves to suit modern situations, although you could argue that this is applicable to many martial arts nowadays, such as BJJ.

Krav Maga is specifically made for self defence in any environment by any means necessary. It helps you see and cut through the **** and lies that many McDojos and myths indulge you with. It is extremely effective, and if you're serious about it, you can take a 1-month course in Israel with some of its most influential coaches that will turn you into a self defence machine.
maybe maybe not, a self defence machine in a month is a tall order, krav was developed to teach people basic self defence quickly, not that they would be very good quickly, krav, as with any other skill takes some time , to be good.

.of course it rather depends on your level to start off with, if your 23 and just finished basic training for the army, you may get quicker results than someone very unfit,serious over weight in there late 40s

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

Sorry that last statement is rubbish. A month of Krav training will give you the basics but you most certainly will not be a "self defence machine" (whatever that is)

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry that last statement is rubbish. A month of Krav training will give you the basics but you most certainly will not be a "self defence machine" (whatever that is)
I don't know man, I mean to me, it looks like the training there is really high quality! When you go there, you live and breathe Krav Maga, along with fitness and it's all you will be doing apar from eating, sleeping and running. Their training is something I only wish I could get here.

D

Deleted member 39746

KMG is Krav maga global right? I am pretty new to krav maga organization names.

Last edited by a moderator:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't know man, I mean to me, it looks like the training there is really high quality! When you go there, you live and breathe Krav Maga, along with fitness and it's all you will be doing apar from eating, sleeping and running. Their training is something I only wish I could get here.
Firstly that's not true people there do have lives and not everyone is training 24/7 in fact barely anyone is and it doesn't matter how good the teaching is you still need the months and years to get the muscle memory and the fact there's hundreds of different techniques in Krav Maga means it's impossible to learn all of them and be able to do them properly in a month

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Firstly that's not true people there do have lives and not everyone is training 24/7 in fact barely anyone is and it doesn't matter how good the teaching is you still need the months and years to get the muscle memory and the fact there's hundreds of different techniques in Krav Maga means it's impossible to learn all of them and be able to do them properly in a month

Not only muscle memory, but muscle to begin with.

You're going to need a serious level of fitness before you even start a month long full time training program...

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Fair enough, guess I was told wrong.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IIRC when I first saw that it was on something, maybe matchbooks, and the weak guy got sand kicked in his face and lost his girl until he trained bodybuilding with equipment from the advertiser, then got his girl back. It was terrific equipment I guess because it only took a couple or three frames for him to have a Mr. Universe body.. :)

Ah, the memories
I remember that ad in comic books.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no problem with non-sport examples:

However, I typically see this type of thing from boxers, not Krav people.
Most of the ones I've seen used strikes. Hard to tell a well-trained striker using a close guard from another in these situations, IMO.