OP
A

Andr

White Belt
Reaction score
It’s amazing how slow-motion video coupled with dramatic background music can make someone look really awesome.

The best moment is 1:02 when something is flying out from a guy. At first glance it looks like teeth. Video could be more realistic with this action!

OP
A

Andr

White Belt
Reaction score
And what about girls? Is Krav Maga useless for them at all? Maybe vice versa, Krav Maga is more applicable for girls because nobody expects any hard struggle from them?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And what about girls? Is Krav Maga useless for them at all? Maybe vice versa, Krav Maga is more applicable for girls because nobody expects any hard struggle from them?

That would entirely depend on if they're getting quality instruction. While there's some legit Krav out there, there's an increasing amount of Krav being taught that is highly questionable.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go train and find out

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Krav Maga is unmatched...... when it comes to pretending to fight people who are pretending to attack you :D

Don't freak, I'm kidding BUT stereotypes do not magically appear out of thin air either.

BigMotor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Krav Maga works and so does Combatives, but it is loosey goosey in ways; it is difficult to draw up a playbook of what constitutes the art; at least in my mind.
I have a book on Army Combatives, which can be summarized this way, harm or kill them, with any means at hand. And, Krav Maga seems to be the same way.

That is not a slam against it, but any training in it would have to be sharply defined, and directed by the instructor. Otherwise, it would be easy to get lost, trying to figure out your next move.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Krav Maga works and so does Combatives, but it is loosey goosey in ways; it is difficult to draw up a playbook of what constitutes the art; at least in my mind.
I have a book on Army Combatives, which can be summarized this way, harm or kill them, with any means at hand. And, Krav Maga seems to be the same way.

That is not a slam against it, but any training in it would have to be sharply defined, and directed by the instructor. Otherwise, it would be easy to get lost, trying to figure out your next move.

Why?

You would think a system like that would be better streamlined in to basic concepts.

BigMotor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Why?
You would think a system like that would be better streamlined in to basic concepts.
I am just thinking on my feet, and it seems like Krav Maga is so loose in concept; that it might tend to fall apart, right when you need it most.
I am certain that their are masters of the art, who never have to wonder about their next move. If I am wrong, OK, it isn't the first time.
Do you train in it?

I looked up a local school, and there are pretty good reviews of it:
But hey, my eight years in the Airborne Infantry and combat experience may have made me crazy. Please, do not take me at my word. Go to a class and find out for your self.

I am not knocking the art, because it must be useful; I wonder how many people take it seriously though. Maybe I am too serious, and it bleeds into my posts: life made me pretty intense.
Tony K.'s review of Pinellas Krav Maga

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am just thinking on my feet, and it seems like Krav Maga is so loose in concept; that it might tend to fall apart, right when you need it most.
I am certain that their are masters of the art, who never have to wonder about their next move. If I am wrong, OK, it isn't the first time.
Do you train in it?

I looked up a local school, and there are pretty good reviews of it:
But hey, my eight years in the Airborne Infantry and combat experience may have made me crazy. Please, do not take me at my word. Go to a class and find out for your self.

I am not knocking the art, because it must be useful; I wonder how many people take it seriously though. Maybe I am too serious, and it bleeds into my posts: life made me pretty intense.
Tony K.'s review of Pinellas Krav Maga

I did an rbsd called scientific fighting Congress which attracted some krav guys and looks like it has similar training ideas.
(A lot of which I don't really like)

I now do mma and its accompanying sub styles which in my opinion is what krav should have been.

And mma has that same loose concept issue. But I find you can trim the system down to its bare bones and at least have a conservative and comprehensive approach.

From there you can go buck wild.

And I find if the art is drill or demo heavy then people feel obligated to have techniques for the sake of how clever they look. Where if the style is resisted training heavy. People go the other way and only do what they feel comfortable with.

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
I will say this (positive thing) about KM -

It reminds me of Dept of Corrections "DTAC" (defensive tactics). I have told friends of mine - if you have NO training or experience in violence and are looking for a quick way to get kinda caught up; if you wanna learn the basics of hurting people who are trying to hurt you WITHOUT spending hours focusing on your stance, conditioning you body, making sure hand an foot placement is 100% correct; if you're not pursuing excellence, but rather (field) competence.... Let the prison train you!

And, what little I have seen of KM, it really reminds me of D.O.C. training.

With that said, as always - train hard, fight easy. If you ain't really roughin each other up, you're just dancin (that applies to every art). So KM could be good or bad, depending on who is teaching and how. (Imho) Training methods trump lineage. I don't need to hear how connected a place is to Israel, I need to see some pressure testing.

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wanted to start Krav Maga but I'm not sure if it is not just a waste of time. Especially, for girls.
Help me out, please!

YES, there are LOTS and LOTS of girls and women in Krav Maga classes. :D

FriedRice

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

No, it's not useless....it's pretty good for girls, women and men who can't handle full MMA, as MMA is a lot rougher. The better perks for girls is that you'll have many other girls to train with and not be the 1 or 2 girls training with a bunch of sweaty dudes in MMA/Muay Thai. It's a great starting point if you're looking for self defense. After 2 years of dedicated training and you think you're pretty good....go to an MMA gym and see how you do vs. Muay Thai or BJJ. Go spar some Muay Thai girls with 2 years exp. or a small dude with the same, etc. Some Krav gyms even have a legit MT and BJJ program.

It won't be cheap though, esp. when Krav gyms are paying monthly $$$ to their federation to use that name.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, it's not useless....it's pretty good for girls, women and men who can't handle full MMA, as MMA is a lot rougher. The better perks for girls is that you'll have many other girls to train with and not be the 1 or 2 girls training with a bunch of sweaty dudes in MMA/Muay Thai. It's a great starting point if you're looking for self defense. After 2 years of dedicated training and you think you're pretty good....go to an MMA gym and see how you do vs. Muay Thai or BJJ. Go spar some Muay Thai girls with 2 years exp. or a small dude with the same, etc. Some Krav gyms even have a legit MT and BJJ program.

It won't be cheap though, esp. when Krav gyms are paying monthly $$$ to their federation to use that name.
Lol yet again you show a huge amount of ignorance. I've trained in 2 big clubs with big organisations and each cost 20 a month

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
KMG is great. I always considered the "Big Four" of Krav as being KMWW, IKMF, IKMA, and KMG. Essentially anyone who can connect back to Imi Lichtenfeld within one or two generations. I include Krav Maga Alliance in with KMWW. I may be forgetting an organization.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
KMG is great. I always considered the "Big Four" of Krav as being KMWW, IKMF, IKMA, and KMG. Essentially anyone who can connect back to Imi Lichtenfeld within one or two generations. I include Krav Maga Alliance in with KMWW. I may be forgetting an organization.
I don't know much about other organisations and tbh I don't really care. Kmg is the one near me and it's well run in my opinion they've got good courses like bar fighting and ground fight courses plus regular instructor updates which is good. But if I went somewhere and saw a different organisation I'd have no problem training there as long as the teachings good

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jobo talking nonsense....wow that's new...whatever next lol

I've heard what he said a few times before , it's usually part of anti Semitic rants ie because the Jews couldn't possibly be able to fight...… It's usually found on the far right sites. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions