Krav Maga grading

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
so yesterday I graded and passed my p2 grading, I didn't post then because I always like time to process a grading but yeah. It was 6 hours long and everything I want from a grading it was brutal.

We were going non stop. The pad work lasted an hour then it was constantly smashing out the techniques then doing multiple attacker drills for 2 minutes at a fast pace. Then we did our ground drills. Then 5 rounds of ground sparring where basically we were rolling but with Mma gloves on and punching each other.

Then last we did stand up sparring again Mma gloves on and first we thought 1 on 1, then we went 2 vs 1 but the first person stays in for 5 rounds fighting single then double opponents. The last thing we did was 4 vs 1. That wasn't about fighting them it was more about moving away and escaping and lining up the attackers.

It was extremely tough and that was only the second grade in Krav and it was way tougher than a lot of black belt gradings I've seen.

That's what I like to do I was pumped doing it and I'm easily the oldest of the group (only 5 of us tested) and my fitness held up very well against the others. Very happy with it

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congrats, bro, nice job.

Sounds like a great test. Gotta’ love the nasty.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like a tough test. Out of curiosity, what does p2 translate to? Is it the second grading, does it allow you to be an instructor in krav, etc?

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats, sounds like a tough test. Out of curiosity, what does p2 translate to? Is it the second grading, does it allow you to be an instructor in krav, etc?
Second grade and no where near. It goes p1-5 which is practitioner. Then it goes g1-5 that's graduate then e1-e5 that's expert. To teach you have to be either expert or late G I think and even then you have to take a number of instructor courses and every year you have to do an instructor update course to prove your still capable of teaching at the right level. That's how KMG does it

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great grading test when it's done right. Good work, being read for it, too.

Congrats.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
'Onya mate! Far out an intense grading, must feel darn proud/sore afterwards :)

Orion Nebula

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congrats! That's definitely a lot more brutal than the black belt gradings in my organization and in my old style. Six hours! Dang!