Kostya takes Shamba in 3!!!

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
For those that missed yesterdays ( was it Pheonix Arizona) bout between Kostya Tszu and Mitchell Shamba.......

Awesome display of skill on part of Tszu!! Geared for 15-20 rounds and game over by the third. Was particularly interested to see what Tszu was going in with , because besides having less ring experience and wins, despite his age and obvious less-worked bod than he usually goes in with, I am gearing toward the ring myself and any tip that works is a good one !

On the break down of his style, ( and I'm just doing math because I don't really know, but what I saw was a karate style gap closing, some elemental arms and hands ( ie:- the way he was always at short - mid range and nearly always had one arm inside his opponents lead) and the strike style was not what you normally see from a western boxer with alot more intercepts and blocks mid limb, maybe even hinting toward WC Chi Sao style/ or a push hands type defence. Also noticed him working a few cavity striking points at back, shoulder, chest and abdo and have a sneaking suspicion, the guy's had training in eastern styles, pulled them apart and adapted them to the boxing ring.

Does anyone actually know what he's doing / has done for training ??? Awesome stuff!!!

Final comment :- the guy was older, less experienced, possibly heavier ( despite the weigh in records) and still pulled it off! Skill over condition!

Gotta love it ;)

cheers

Bl

OP
B

Blooming Lotus

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just saw a recap clip of the final rond and not only did Kostya kick his AS*, he KO'd him!!! Was that a gb pressure point he did it with??? Really bad camera angles on the last several hits, but I'm nearly positive that's what I saw.

Someone must've seen it!!!

anyone ???

Latest Discussions