Korean Yudo & Hapkido Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by arnisador
I emphasize that the warning given earlier will be strongly enforced. Further beating of the dead horses will result in suspensions.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Arnisador,

I beleive everyone has taken my post on this thread the wrong way, I was not trying to beat a dead horse but I do see your point and maybe posting here was a mistake, so I will stop posting on this topic.
:asian:

A

A.R.K.

All I can add further is that the man is 75 and still going strong and in high demand. He just got back from a seminar out of state. I talked to the hosts/participants and everyone was very impressed and well pleased.

I know he is hoping to make trips to both the Middle East as well as Asia if his health permits.

P

phlux

Originally posted by MartialArtist
:rolleyes:

CNN is now liberal? CNN gives the story for the American people. They give it how it is, and I say they're almost on par with BBC....

Disclaimer: I have no I dea who Mr. Stern is, nor do I have any opinion on the matter.

However, the above statement is the worst argument I ahve ever heard. CNN is one of the most slanted propoganda spouting news sources there is. Anyone who would claim that CNN is the voice of the American people - or that they even say anything remotely how it is, is obviously one of the most mis-informed individuals in this sad sad reality we now find ourselves in. (P.S. Its not what CNN does say - its what they *dont* tell you thats important - all the rest is filler distraction material)

People, please - use your head, and do not listen to anything you see on TV.

R

Rick Tsubota

Originally posted by A.R.K.
All I can add further is that the man is 75 and still going strong and in high demand. He just got back from a seminar out of state. I talked to the hosts/participants and everyone was very impressed and well pleased.

I know he is hoping to make trips to both the Middle East as well as Asia if his health permits.

Good to hear.
When can he come to my dojo?
Does he need money or is he going to do for free?

S

Shuri-te

ARK,

Please take this advice with all the sincerity with which I give it. This issue is closed.

You have made your case on Mr. Stern. Some, like you and myself, recognize that a person's years in the martial arts, technical skills, teaching skills and concern for the development of his students, is what makes the teacher. Others, having never met a man, feel that they are well able to better judge a teacher by other criteria, such as whether he has created his own organization, or has been accused or convicted of some crime, regardless of the severity of it. (Look out jaywalkers!!!) ;)

This forum is open to the opinions of both sides and both have made their points, repeatedly.

Do not feel for a moment that you can get the last word here on Mr. Stern. The nature of this board allows an effortless, instanteous reply, to everything you will say. History shows, these posts can be laden with slurs and sarcasm, and history, especially on this board has a seemingly intractable way of repeating itself. (This is deja vu all over again.)

We all know Mr. Stern is your friend. Rest assured that at least some of us believe that your some 30 years in the arts, and first hand experience with Mr. Stern, just might make you a bit better judge of his value as a teacher. But others, who have never met the man, nor even met someone who has trained with him, are likley to remain motivated to comment on him.

So please put this behind you. It's time to move on.

J

jdmills

Originally posted by phlux
Disclaimer: I have no I dea who Mr. Stern is, nor do I have any opinion on the matter.

However, the above statement is the worst argument I ahve ever heard. CNN is one of the most slanted propoganda spouting news sources there is. Anyone who would claim that CNN is the voice of the American people - or that they even say anything remotely how it is, is obviously one of the most mis-informed individuals in this sad sad reality we now find ourselves in. (P.S. Its not what CNN does say - its what they *dont* tell you thats important - all the rest is filler distraction material)

People, please - use your head, and do not listen to anything you see on TV.

CNN is an incredible resource and I would bbe willing to bet that there is a CNN feed into every US intelligence agency around the world. They provide real-time, on the ground information faster than anyone.

That being said, CNN is owned by Turner Broadcasting Systems, which is controlled by Ted Turner, who was married to . . . Jane Fonda.

Doesn't sound conservative to me.

A

A.R.K.

Shuri Te,

I understand your point and you are correct. I just noticed a few new posts in this thread and thought I would add some info from a recent phone call.

Phlux,

I agree whole heartedly about CNN.

Jdmills,

That being said, CNN is owned by Turner Broadcasting Systems, which is controlled by Ted Turner, who was married to . . . Jane Fonda.

:rofl:

That was good :D

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shuri-te
ARK,

Please take this advice with all the sincerity with which I give it. This issue is closed.

You have made your case on Mr. Stern. Some, like you and myself, recognize that a person's years in the martial arts, technical skills, teaching skills and concern for the development of his students, is what makes the teacher. Others, having never met a man, feel that they are well able to better judge a teacher by other criteria, such as whether he has created his own organization, or has been accused or convicted of some crime, regardless of the severity of it. (Look out jaywalkers!!!) ;)

This forum is open to the opinions of both sides and both have made their points, repeatedly.

Do not feel for a moment that you can get the last word here on Mr. Stern. The nature of this board allows an effortless, instanteous reply, to everything you will say. History shows, these posts can be laden with slurs and sarcasm, and history, especially on this board has a seemingly intractable way of repeating itself. (This is deja vu all over again.)

We all know Mr. Stern is your friend. Rest assured that at least some of us believe that your some 30 years in the arts, and first hand experience with Mr. Stern, just might make you a bit better judge of his value as a teacher. But others, who have never met the man, nor even met someone who has trained with him, are likley to remain motivated to comment on him.

So please put this behind you. It's time to move on.

I couldnt have said it better myself.:asian:

Kodanjaclay

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Stern is not affiliated with any jikwan in Korea. (The term hombu is not used in Korean Mudo). Mr Stern is a deceiver, and is not certified by any Korean agency. Please do not take my word for it. I can help you make arrangements to visit. Go visit the KHF, the government body for Hapkido)

Mr. Stern was found guilty of WEARING the CMH illegally. It is not a crime to be in possession of the award, or else estates of former winners would be felons. Use some common sense in this matter.

I myself told Mr. Stern he was a fake, and asked why he was harming the community. Do you think that someone he rips off is going to have anything good to say about martial arts? Why do you think that people are trying to have martial arts regulated?

A

A.R.K.

Well, this was almost a dead issue :D

Mr.Stern is affiliated with Dong Gu's school in Korea.

I think the main reason some people may want the arts regulated is money and power.

As stated, he has rank and affiliation. Even his biggest attacker begrudingly admitted this to me. KYHA doens't issue rank, it is a clubhouse for MA's to fellowship, network, cross-train or have idea exchange. There is nothing wrong with this and KYHA specifically states 'fraternalism'.

Everyone has committed a crime once or more in their lives. Some get caught, some don't. Doesn't necessarily relflect on their MA's ability. It is folly to hold a 2nd degree misd from a decade ago against the man when he has made full restitution.

Yada yada yada. It's all been said before. He has rank, he has affiliation, he has ability, he founded a fraternal organization. Nuff said.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note

At this time, the administration of this forum is discussing part of this issue.

In the duration, please refrain from the discussion of A.R.K.

Thank you

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note:

This is an update.
ARK (David Schultz) is no longer a member here. Those wishing to continue the debate with him will please take it to those forums he does currently visit.

We strongly request that our members refrain from reigniting these issues, as well as bringing up former members who are no longer here to answer for themselves.

This thread is now locked.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions