Koga Tourism.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Ninja Games in the Koga region of Japan:
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/waiwai/0310/1018ninja.html

Battling it out in such events as Walking on Water, Moat Wall Climbing, Moat Wall Diving, Water Spider River Crossings and Star Throwing, combatants took part in the All Japan Ninja Championships.

The Ninja Games took place in Koga, a sleepy backwater in Shiga Prefecture that lays claim to being one of the homes of ninjutsu, or "stealth arts," a martial arts technique that has made Japan famous across the globe.

Koga, which sells itself as a tourist destination through its centuries old connection to Koga-style ninja, this year welcomed 84 contestants for its 20th annual ninja contest, Shukan Shincho notes.

P

pknox

Even though some of the skills being tested here are potentially useful, I can't imagine this is a good thing. Stereotypes die hard, and this one is definitely not going to help change anyone's perception of anything. Especially with people running around in full "ninja outfits."

K

Karasu Tengu

Sounds like a prelude for the next "Reality" show.

"Real Ninja! Real Time" Watch two teams of "real ninja" compete in real life competition for a fabulous prize. Events include but are not limited to: Capture the Flag!, Hostage Taking! Evasion and Escape! Multiple Enemy Self Defense! and much, much more!

Or how about "So you want to be a Ninja". This is where they (producers) take some schmoe and put them through some "Ninja Missions" to see if they survive.

Geez! I can't wait. :rolleyes:

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Originally posted by Karasu Tengu
Or how about "So you want to be a Ninja". This is where they (producers) take some schmoe and put them through some "Ninja Missions" to see if they survive.

Do you mean missions like sending them to assasinate the producers of shows like "Big Brother" or "Temptation Island?" That's not necessarily a bad thing. :D

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok... D@mn you all!

I SERIOUSLY had this idea for a "semi-reality" show like this a few weeks ago! I was watching "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" and playing "Tenchu Stealth Assassins" one night an the idea just clicked. Now you have ruined that for me.

And to think I could have been a millionaire.

Latest Discussions