Koga Ha Kosho Shorei Ryu Kempo...

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
hey koga, tell us a little bit about your training history, and where your knowledge of the arts come from. how old are you?
if you want anyone on this board to take you the least bit seriously.....let us in on why you think "your" info is the truth

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
koga ha said:

if it's not about me, than why don't you take the initiative and start a thread of your "facts".
Well, I do now and then, but actually, I tend to try to accumulate things on my website. Then anyone can look at them at their convenience, and find them via search engines.

inaccurate to who? you? well, i guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Well, most of what Dr. Durbin writes is inaccurate to me and the State of California. And Nimr Hassan / Terry Lee's own words in the trial transcript.

okay, oddly, so you're art is not kempo based; however, you have strong opinions on the subject. and you offer "facts" about kempo....oookay.

My art? I don't own one. The art I practice? Yes, it's kempo. I don't tend to 'speak for' any given organization usually. Occasionally, but then I preface my comments with a disclaimer. I thought you might think my comments were the tool of some specific organization to somehow jockey for standing with or against Nimr Hassan.

see above comment

I did.

sorry to hear that you don't like to get together and have a meeting of the minds.
Meetings usually seem to me to be a forum for lots of talking, very little listening, and getting even less accomplished. I do enjoy a spirited debate though, especially when someone can prove me wrong with facts I wasn't previously aware of as that adds to the existing body of knowledge.

no, don't change your story, i was pointing out the fact that it is redundant.no, don't change your story, i was pointing out the fact that it is redundant.
I'm still not sure what you mean.

Do you mean that it is redundant when I say:
Terry Lee studied with Mitose for about 7 weeks.
Terry Lee was convicted of killing Frank Namimatsu.
Dr. Durbin's writings are not thoroughly grounded in fact.

Or is it something else.

Help me out.

Matt

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Koga,
What were your resources for writing what you wrote? Please cite them in the order of importance. For websites, please indicate full URLs. For books, please cite title, author, chapter, and pages if all possible.

Thank you.

AB

Bester

Reaction score
Koga,
Please define "Mitose, who traveled extensively to Japan"

What do you mean by "extensively"?

How many trips?
What were the destinations?
When were they?
Who did he meet with?
What were the purposes of the trips?
What were the durations?

You have numerous knowledgeable individuals stating that he did not do this. You state he did. Well, please cite sources, etc. to back up your claims, which are not supported by any recognized experts in the arts that we can find. You made the claim, therefore the responsibility of proving it is on you. If you will not, or can not do so, you will be labeled as a fraud, and most likely electronically "tar and feathered", which never is very nice.

Bester

Reaction score
Hmm.
No answer yet.
Must be busy at the library.

Bester

Reaction score
Hmmm...."Last Activity: 03-25-2005 02:42 PM "

Guess rewriting history takes longer than you would think.

Hey, can you work in a part where my great grandpappy, Col. Beuraguard (CSA, RIP 1927) showed Ed Parkers grandfather the Souix knife fighting techniques that were later incorporated into the early kenpo system? I've been trying to resolve that oversight for years.

Thank ye.

Bester

Reaction score
Wow.
He was on today.
He made his claims almost a month ago, but can't seem to back them up.
Guess they were fiction after all.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Heck you know how hard it is to track a Ninja

OP
K

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Bester said:
Wow.
He was on today.
He made his claims almost a month ago, but can't seem to back them up.
Guess they were fiction after all.
i'm usually on...actually, i don't really bother myself trying to prove information to you. really, who are you or what makes you think i need your stamp of approval...:rofl:

take it for what its worth...you don't agree, fine.

OP
K

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
kai, you strike me as an individual that runs with the pack and never by yourself. so, wait for bester to respond and then you can back him up....:kiss:

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, I'm outed-I just hope bester don't start spoon feeding me totally fraudulant history, fraudulant lineage claims and nonsense .

Koga how do you handle it???

OP
K

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Okay, I'm outed-I just hope bester don't start spoon feeding me totally fraudulant history, fraudulant lineage claims and nonsense .

Koga how do you handle it???
well, one great thing about the human is the power of choice. you choose to side with bester and his rendition of kempo history and lineage.

how do i handle what?

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually it's not just bester that believes the history, but like, 90 percent of the rational world. But you seem to be happy with the BS that's being fed you.

OP
K

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Actually it's not just bester that believes the history, but like, 90 percent of the rational world. But you seem to be happy with the BS that's being fed you.
is this the 90% that believes in the belt system too?

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do you mean beleive in the history or the idea of the belt system. I suppose a goo deal do beleive in the belt system.
Unless, of course the belt is issued by a Questionable source

Latest Discussions