Knife of Baseball Bat?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
oooh...that could be a tough call...then i'd probably go for a giant robotic godzilla that i could control...that should do the trick

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just don't try little model Japanese tanks or "special sonic tanks". They never seem to do much. Personally, I'd just zip a few heat packs into the suit and watch the guy inside bake.

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
Against Godzilla I would use a hydrogen bomb. Makes you wonder why they never use nuclear weapons against Godzilla in any movie.

What about King Kong?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
because godzilla was always in their cities...and i'm sure they would prefer not to wipe out half their population...

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Against humans, my choice will be the bat. Most of us know it has a longer reach and most people can't take the blows of a bat to any part of the body,expecially the head, the limbs,

Against animals, maybe the knife might work better, better to cut than hit the animal, just my thoughts, ....Aloha

This is for fun....our comments? OK.

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
because godzilla was always in their cities...and i'm sure they would prefer not to wipe out half their population...
Yea but if they tell the people to evacuate the city (which they do in one of the movies I saw a while back) then they can use and I'm sure Godzilla can't survive the force of Nuclear Fusion. Oh wait, I forgot that Japan does not have nuclear weapons.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dunno how effective a nuke would be on Godzilla. The whole reason he supposedly woke up in the first place was due to them testing one where he was dozing. Also that fire he breathes is supposed to be atomic fire...

I'd settle for yelling "Oh no! Godzilla!" That guy never seems to never get killed.

While we're on fictional characters, I'd take the bat vs animals due to the fact that Johnny Goodboy Taylor killed a bear with a club, and he wasn't worried about panthers because all he had to do was sidestep them and smash 'em in the head while they were helplessly flying by after their failed leap.

Hwoarang_tkd26

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kane said:
The knife has always been the most widely used self defense tool for a normal civilian. It is small and simple to carry.

However, baseball bats are becoming very popular in street fights and even gang wars. In fact, the baseball bat is probably used the most in gang fights besides guns. At least I see it used a lot in the big cities near my house.

Anyway, if you had NO choice and you have to fight a street fight using one of the two weapons, which one would you choose? Let’s try to broaden the question a little and not limit it to street fights. How about fights in the wild, which weapon would you choose between the two to defend your self against wild animals?

To the following challenges, state which weapon you would use for each battle;

Okay, so your telling me I have basically two choices: baseball bat, or Knive.

Black Belt Martial Artist in a Striking Art (Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, ect.)
Baseball bat.

Black Belt Martial Artist in a Grappling Art (Wrestling, Judo, Ju Jitsu, ect.)

Baseball bat.
Huge Man over 300 pounds that knows a little fighting but a lot of BRUTE strength
Baseball bat.

Angry 130 pound Alpha Male Wolf

Baseball bat.
Hungary 155 pound Male Puma

Baseball bat.
Enraged 150 pound Male Chimpanzee
Baseball bat.

I think that I have thing with range and distance, I dont like an apponent getting too close to me (unless its grappling then im fine with it). I like being at a certain distance were I can hit my opponent but they cant hit me.
Maybe that is why I prefur to kick rather than punch most of the time.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
For a large cat, anything short of a sword or spear would be futile. As for a lone wolf, if he did attack, a large stick or bat. A pack of wolves who really want you, you had better back yourself in a corner and keep swinging. Humans? It helps to understand the strengths and limits of each. A bat is great for keeping someone at bay. Once they get inside it's range, however, it becomes almost useless. A knife works from jabbing range all the way in to grappling range. A knife also has the ability to cause the most disabling and potentially fatal damage in the shortest period of time. Either weapon needs to be used aggressively and with committment against a dedicated attacker. If you swing a bat simply like you are hitting a baseball, you'll succeed only against an opponent who isn't experienced or trained. A trained fighter can get passed the baseball swing fairly easily. The knife is harder to counter.

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
For a large cat, anything short of a sword or spear would be futile.
Not true, people have even bested larger bears with knives. Actually there have even been doumented cases of people who strangled leopards and cougars to death. almost all of these people had no martial art experiance. Meaning in general a knife or baseball bat is all what is needed for a leopard, jaguar, or cougar. As for a lion or tiger anything lower than a sword or spear would be futile, but mot for the other cats.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kane said:
Not true, people have even bested larger bears with knives. Actually there have even been doumented cases of people who strangled leopards and cougars to death. almost all of these people had no martial art experiance. Meaning in general a knife or baseball bat is all what is needed for a leopard, jaguar, or cougar. As for a lion or tiger anything lower than a sword or spear would be futile, but mot for the other cats.
Yeah, and there have been known instances of people falling out of airplanes and surviving after falling thousands of feet. I wouldn't place my survival on a freak accident. If a knife or baseball bat is all you brought, it's all you brought, but the odd's are low. I'm not giving up without a fight, but i'm not extremely optimistic. The best bet you have is to make a good stand and scare the animal off. If he's committed, though, you'll have a heck of a time. I see you take on a jaguar with a baseball bat, and i'll believe it can be done effectively. Until then, it's wild speculation. More to the point, take on a Kodiak grizzly with a baseball bat or a knife and win, and i'll take my hat off to you. At any rate, if you're going in to wild animal country, don't bring a knife or a bat and hope it'll protect you.

Flamebearer

Green Belt
Reaction score
If I weighed 300 lbs and all of it was muscle I'd use the bat.

But for scrawny old me -- pass the knife, please.
-Flamebearer

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kane said:
The knife has always been the most widely used self defense tool for a normal civilian. It is small and simple to carry.

However, baseball bats are becoming very popular in street fights and even gang wars. In fact, the baseball bat is probably used the most in gang fights besides guns. At least I see it used a lot in the big cities near my house.

Anyway, if you had NO choice and you have to fight a street fight using one of the two weapons, which one would you choose? Let’s try to broaden the question a little and not limit it to street fights. How about fights in the wild, which weapon would you choose between the two to defend your self against wild animals?

To the following challenges, state which weapon you would use for each battle;

Black Belt Martial Artist in a Striking Art (Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, ect.)

Black Belt Martial Artist in a Grappling Art (Wrestling, Judo, Ju Jitsu, ect.)

Huge Man over 300 pounds that knows a little fighting but a lot of BRUTE strength

Angry 130 pound Alpha Male Wolf

Hungary 155 pound Male Puma

Enraged 150 pound Male Chimpanzee

This is sort of silly, but I'm bored at work, so whatdahey.

Knife, to all.

Get inside the arc of a ball bat, and the force delivery is significantly reduced. Changing direction in midswing, or switching hands in the event of limb injury to ones self are minimal options with a twig. Also, maiming with quick attacks is not an option due to the size and weight of a bat.

Blades let you do significant harm. Short, sweet. Easily controlled and maintained.

D.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
This is sort of silly, but I'm bored at work, so whatdahey.

Knife, to all.

Get inside the arc of a ball bat, and the force delivery is significantly reduced. Changing direction in midswing, or switching hands in the event of limb injury to ones self are minimal options with a twig. Also, maiming with quick attacks is not an option due to the size and weight of a bat.

Blades let you do significant harm. Short, sweet. Easily controlled and maintained.

D.
Shotgun
Shotgun
Shotgun
Shotgun
Shotgun

Bringing a blade or a baseball bat means you failed to plan, and now you're stuck with 4th or 5th best. If course, if it's what you brought, deal with it. Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pour Performance. I always at least have a .40 Glock and a folding knife. That's even underarmed in some circumstances. Give that some thought.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sgtmac_46 said:
I always at least have a .40 Glock and a folding knife. That's even underarmed in some circumstances. Give that some thought.
Carrying that kind of weaponry in some countries will score you some serious jail time.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nike
Nike
Nike
Nike
Nike
Nike

Someone once said "just as discretion is the better part of valor, cowardice is the better part of discretion" :)

Latest Discussions