Knee rehab

Discussion in 'Beginners Corner' started by Kevin Landon, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:19 PM.

1. Kevin Landon

Kevin Landon White Belt

I injured my knee running on a hiking trail last year. The knee joint compressed, had to be reset and operated on. I was cleared by my doctor several months ago to resume full activity. I am doing squats, leg extensions machine at high resistance, climbing stairs, walking uphill.

I'm still unable to get back to running because of the high impact. Any opinions on if Muay Thai beginners classes would be possible/advisable? I've always wanted to practice Muay Thai and am a signifcant fan of the sport. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Danny T

Danny T Senior Master

• Supporting Member
    I've had 4 knee surgeries and now have two total replacements, took about 9 months each time to get back to being able to train at full intensity.
    Oh and I train Muay Thai, Submission Wrestling, BJJ, Kali, Wing Chun, and Boxing. You just need to get in there and do it, start slowly and build up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kevin Landon

Kevin Landon White Belt

Great advice. Muay Thai seems like a great way to strengthen the legs and I'm goin crazy with the boring weightlifting and sh*t at the gym. Thanks for reply.