Knee pain from sparring?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well I've only got your word that the doctor in question didn't say let it heal properly before trying again, then build up the,strengh so it doesnt injured its,self so easily next time, And then if that doesn't work try strapping it, which is far more likely to be honest

the guys 16 and keen to get back to train HIS doctor has told him to rest it , your giving him a reason to ignore that and start training to soon , with your,dodgy internet,3rd hand medical knowledge

All medical treatments are the same. It depends on the individual.

OP
revelie

revelie

White Belt
Reaction score
Hence why I said.....If it is Patellar Tendinitis

Nothing macho about following instructions from Physical Trainers and Physicians.

Sorry, I will trust my son's Sensei' and his Master's Degree and 20 years as a physical therapist and martial artist instructor for advice when it comes to how to treat Tendinitis
Haha yeah it probably is I think. My knees are feeling better now, I can mostly walk without pain. I'll try to see if I can get knee straps I guess. Otherwise I'll just continue icing it. I will probably miss a week of training this coming week, and waste the training fees (my school doesn't allow refunds lol).

Also it is not that serious but just demoralising at the max. My coaches let me do rounds and rounds of full contact sparring (actually they didn't hit me hard but more like overstrained me maybe) with them in hopes of me doing well in sparring nationals. I can forget about it now... ㅠ.ㅠ Guess its next time for me. .-.

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also it is not that serious but just demoralising at the max. My coaches let me do rounds and rounds of full contact sparring (actually they didn't hit me hard but more like overstrained me maybe) with them in hopes of me doing well in sparring nationals. I can forget about it now... ㅠ.ㅠ Guess its next time for me.

Don't give up.

Like I said it goes away pretty quick and you will be back to 100% probably in the next day or so.

It often occurs when there is a change In intensity and once it heals you will be fine.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Haha yeah it probably is I think. My knees are feeling better now, I can mostly walk without pain. I'll try to see if I can get knee straps I guess. Otherwise I'll just continue icing it. I will probably miss a week of training this coming week, and waste the training fees (my school doesn't allow refunds lol).

Also it is not that serious but just demoralising at the max. My coaches let me do rounds and rounds of full contact sparring (actually they didn't hit me hard but more like overstrained me maybe) with them in hopes of me doing well in sparring nationals. I can forget about it now... ㅠ.ㅠ Guess its next time for me. .-.
wow all most walk with out pain, must be fixed now!

pain is a built in way of your body telling you that an injury has occurred and you need to rest it. pain free walking is the very least you expect from a recovered injury.

what you have here is mostly middle aged men, who mostly have long term knee problems, telling you to strap it up and carry on, ignoring the rather obvious point that , that is how they got long term knee problems in the first place.

let it heal, sp you can actually walk with out pain and then SLOWLY, build up the intensity of use to you can do everything with out pain,

you won't, as your 16 and that's how i got my knees problems!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
And one of us has spoken with doctors and physical therapists about teenagers with Tendinitis and the other is a clown that is just talking out of his ****.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And one of us has spoken with doctors and physical therapists about teenagers with Tendinitis and the other is a clown that is just talking out of his ****.
i thought you were ignoring me, and you are still diagnosing his injury with out even seeing it

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A suggestion, if your coaches allow it - go and watch. Some of my best learning happened while sitting on the bench for a month of classes after knee surgery. I always suggest to students that they can get a lot of value from sitting and watching classes when they cannot train.

OP
revelie

revelie

White Belt
Reaction score
I am a girl lol does my name and pic sound like a boy haha

A suggestion, if your coaches allow it - go and watch. Some of my best learning happened while sitting on the bench for a month of classes after knee surgery. I always suggest to students that they can get a lot of value from sitting and watching classes when they cannot train.
Well... okay :")

And I hope you guys don't argue over this, I am just a newbie on the forums, I think as martial arts people we should learn respect and patience

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a girl lol does my name and pic sound like a boy haha

Well... okay :")

And I hope you guys don't argue over this, I am just a newbie on the forums, I think as martial arts people we should learn respect and patience
Don't worry, some of us disagree over most things, so we bicker a bit. It's all good.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
its an equal opportunities forum , they give the same dodgy injury advice to all genders,
even more so if your a girl, you don't want to be 21 with a permanent limp , do you?

Latest Discussions