Knee circles in warm-up

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't believe that's doing much to stretch the knees laterally. The hands on the knees provide stability, the motion is small, and the lateral motion isn't driven by the knees.
the knees can't drive anything, they have no muscles.

ok keep doing them then, it's no skin off my knees

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the knees can't drive anything, they have no muscles.

ok keep doing them then, it's no skin off my knees

Ok, let me rephrase. It's more like the knees are swinging left-to-right than bending left-to-right.

OP
P

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can you see how that would be a hard sell?

I wasn't trying to sell anything, I was intending a general chat to gather opinion, see what other people's viewpoints were and why.

Trying to convince anyone else wasn't the point in the slightest.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to sell anything, I was intending a general chat to gather opinion, see what other people's viewpoints were and why.

Trying to convince anyone else wasn't the point in the slightest.

If you think it's dangerous, you should absolutely be trying to convince everyone.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Anyway. If you want good knees. Loose weight.

OP
P

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can. Do you want to borrow some?

Nah, I'm good.

In fact, weight in itself doesn't matter all that much, it's what the weight is made of.

I could stand to lose a bit of flubber off my gut if I'm completely honest - it's more family pack than six pack right now...

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nah, I'm good.

In fact, weight in itself doesn't matter all that much, it's what the weight is made of.

I could stand to lose a bit of flubber off my gut if I'm completely honest - it's more family pack than six pack right now...

"I love my 6-pack so much, I put a protective layer of padding around it." That's my excuse.

OP
P

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
"I love my 6-pack so much, I put a protective layer of padding around it." That's my excuse.

That's quite apt actually.

I have the defined muscles there, they're just hiding. I can feel them if I poke through the insulation.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's quite apt actually.

I have the defined muscles there, they're just hiding. I can feel them if I poke through the insulation.

That, and the fancy kicks I do suggest I have at least some core strength.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you think it would be a better world if the opinions of adults on what's best for their own bodies was ignored and ma experts had to be obeyed?

my experience is lots of ma experts are using century old understanding of human performance training, the term expert is then very much up for challenge. in the information age, anyone who wants to be moderately inform on the latest understanding can be, the role of experts has never been less needed, except of course to write the infomation

I would not go that far but I mostly agree with what you are saying. An "expert" in any field whose knowledge base exist of only 20 year old information is questionable in my opinion. That said they Will have specific information that may not be available any where else.
In today's information age it is hard to imagine someone like that but we all know they are out there.
Where it goes off the rails is when someone grudgingly thinks there is only one outdated answer to a problem or action. It is entirely possible that the old way is best, it happens often, but an informed person is going to be able to explain why and compare the old way to modern examples.

Latest Discussions