Kisado

rlp271

Orange Belt
Reaction score
It would help a lot if you could provide the Korean spelling, but if it's 기사도, then the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the idea of chivalry. That's the best translation: chivalry or knighthood. Why? if you don't mind me asking

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do believe the Korean spelling is irrelevand: It's a new thing an organization cooked up, So I was wondering if anybody in the real MA world had heard of it. I have no idea what it is supposed to be.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe some more context would help... I think there's a similar term, for example, in Japanese sword arts. Is it the name of a kata/form/hyung or is it an idea or principle they're espousing?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That seems to come close to the matter.

Seems the organization has taken to lighten the study load for the students by making sparring more of an optional thing, putting more emphasis on - well, I don't know. But Kisado is the name of the new flavor.

I was hoping it had somewhat of a more solid foundation.

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That seems to come close to the matter.

Seems the organization has taken to lighten the study load for the students bymaking sparring more of an optional thing, putting more emphasis on - well, I don't know. But Kisado is the name of the new flavor.

I was hoping it had somewhat of a more solid foundation.

Wow. What is next? Taebo instead of taekwondo?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wow. What is next? Taebo instead of taekwondo?

More like 'buy the material workout is optional' Mailorder Black Belt.

It has been a sore spot with the members. Not at all what the majority signed up for...

rlp271

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If they're espousing some sort of principle, then yes, the Korean characters, and the Hanja (Chinese characters) used do matter or else they're just picking a random cool-sounding (to them) word, that makes zero sense in context. That might be what's happening.

Your description of what they're doing sounds terrible.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If they're espousing some sort of principle, then yes, the Korean characters, and the Hanja (Chinese characters) used do matter or else they're just picking a random cool-sounding (to them) word, that makes zero sense in context. That might be what's happening.

Your description of what they're doing sounds terrible.

It is just one of so many tings that have turned ugly in the last few years. But that is a story for the long cold Arctic winters... ;)

Latest Discussions