Kimbo vs. K. Shamrock in October

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kimbo is what he is a bully and it has been show here now that a bully can not win agaginst a technition especially a bully with a glass jaw.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My thinking is at this point Kimbo Slice's days as a top draw are numbered......it's one thing for Tim Sylvia to get hammered in less than a minute by FEDOR......it's another for Kimbo to get slaughtered by.......what was his name again?

It just proves what everyone has been saying.....Kimbo has been protected by being thrown geriatric fighters......and Ken Shamrock getting cut was some REALLY BAD LUCK considering there was a semi-experienced LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT who wasn't over the hill there already warmed up to fight another fight.

Kimbo has been exposed as the most overhyped fighter in MMA.......not that the guy doesn't have some talent, but he was past his prime age wise before ever even beginning training in MMA........at his age, this has to be his peak......well I think he's peaked!

Well I have to agree whole heartedly with this. Kimbo was never that good, was just waiting to get knocked out and had been fed a bunch of weak opponents so far.

As to Shamrock getting cut. :rofl: Well I find that almost unbelievable. Not that he did not get cut but that it really was an accident. Ken is so over the hill that he simply should not be in the ring at this time. Wow, were they ever fortunate to have some body ready to go and on site.
icon10.gif

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I have to agree whole heartedly with this. Kimbo was never that good, was just waiting to get knocked out and had been fed a bunch of weak opponents so far.

As to Shamrock getting cut. :rofl: Well I find that almost unbelievable. Not that he did not get cut but that it really was an accident. Ken is so over the hill that he simply should not be in the ring at this time. Wow, were they ever fortunate to have some body ready to go and on site.
icon10.gif

Yes. The whole cut leading to all this hype thing...far too convenient .

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll admit, I was disappointed that the Kimbo/Shamrock fight didn't happen. I wonder if the promoters will try to make another fight happen. And I'm in agreement with Frank....what the hell are you doing, engaging in a sparring match prior to the fight? I'm sure there're other ways to warm up.
Ken seems stupidly fixed on the idea. He was making his TUF team do the same thing before fights too.

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not really. Seems to be a lot of acrimony between the two.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im wondering..Shamrock knows hes a "mulligan" for Slices career....Shamrock is really pissed off at Kimbo, and that weigh-in confrontation wasnt staged....Shamrock knows that if he cant fight, chances are good that XC will have to put up someone for the title match..at such short notice chances are good that Kimbo will have to fight someone with some MMA experience...Kimbo gets shown to be the XC pay day that he is.

Just wondering. ;)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did I not just hear Kimbo was knocked out or that the fight had to be stoped in the first round byhhis new opponent when Shamrock could not fight
or did I hear incorrect news

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Did I not just hear Kimbo was knocked out or that the fight had to be stoped in the first round byhhis new opponent when Shamrock could not fight
or did I hear incorrect news

Last edited by a moderator:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WOW

It may have been a premature stoppage but what a beating

thanks for the link

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok this goes to show EliteXC & CBS are up to something. I see it as fixing fights.

Andrei Arlovski wanted to fight Kimbo when he found out about Shamrock's injury but was denied.
"I will fight anybody," Arlovski said. "I was ready to fight Kimbo when Shamrock got hurt."

Now it comes out that Frank Shamrock was a possible replacement for Ken but that got nixed...read below.

In the scramble to find a suitable replacement that Slice couldn&#8217;t possibly lose to, EliteXC considered Shamrock&#8217;s brother, Frank, who was there to be CBS&#8217;s color commentator, hadn&#8217;t fought lately due to a broken arm and would have given up around 45 pounds. When that matchup couldn&#8217;t happen (EliteXC said state officials wouldn&#8217;t clear him, Frank said they did but CBS blocked it), EliteXC promoters turned to Petruzelli.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-kimbo100508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ken seems stupidly fixed on the idea. He was making his TUF team do the same thing before fights too.

I stopped watching TUF at season 1. As it went on, it just didn't catch my interest. As for making his team do the same thing...IMO, thats setting them up for failure. I mean, I can think of a few ways to warm up, instead of sparring.

Shadow boxing, jump rope, some light focus mit drills. Alot less chance of injury vs. doing some 'light' sparring.

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I thought shamrock was cut doing a shoot and sprawl drill. He was warming up his shot and clashed heads with his partner.

Kimbo getting crushed by a lightheavyweight TUF loser with pink hair pretty much kills his credibility, and will hopefully shut up the newcomers who think he was the greatest heavyweight out there.

Journeyman

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I'm not a Kimbo fan and certainly never thought he was anything close to the hype, but I'm not quite ready to write him off. Anyone can get caught. Let him fight one more legit opponent not some has-been, and if he loses that I'll write him off completely.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm not a Kimbo fan and certainly never thought he was anything close to the hype, but I'm not quite ready to write him off. Anyone can get caught. Let him fight one more legit opponent not some has-been, and if he loses that I'll write him off completely.

The guy has been used. Him and Lesnar..they dont get the benefit of coming up the ranks and gaining experience. They are "side showed" like animals and then, when shown up, are discarded. Of course they are as much to blame...grubbing for fame and $$$.