Kick Shield I'm making to be able to train alone, Thoughts?

flowlikewater

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I made my own kick shield that has velcro straps on the back so I can strap the shield to a pole or a tree.
I love using kick shields but it's tough to always have someone hold one for me.
I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts were, and if it's something any of you would use as well. Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
straps kickpad.jpg

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you can draw a small circle on your shield, you can train your kick with accuracy. I like to kick a small tree (about human leg size) for the same reason.

rabbittoystory

White Belt
Reaction score
You're onto something awesome with those strapped-on kick shields. Film yourself while training, catch those moves in action, and fine-tune your kicks. Its also a good way to catch those epic moments of progress.

OP
F

flowlikewater

White Belt
Reaction score
You're onto something awesome with those strapped-on kick shields. Film yourself while training, catch those moves in action, and fine-tune your kicks. Its also a good way to catch those epic moments of progress.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll start making some videos training with it!

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
I do the same thing with a banana bag (inner tub type) and bungee cords. Works great. Good kicking!

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
You do have to be careful kicking immovable objects. Super tuff on joints and knees. Just a thought.