Ki-hap in the form

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
how hard do you think it would be for your niece to transition to kukki taekwondo?

About as hard as it would be for a KKW player of the same level to transition to the ATA...

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, I mean quiet.
Being loud is looked down upon.
One can be vocal and outspoken.

How about rolling on the floor and laughing. Is that looked down upon by the people who conditioned you to be quiet?

But not when you are training your form.
When you meditate, you meditate, when you do other drills you do that. Forms.

for you. not me.

Elaborate.

I could, but it would be off topic....

As to post 11.
I was asked a question.
I answered.

He did not ask you a question:

Hey, Granfire, if you're talking about the ITA or whatever it is called now, my niece made a transition a few years ago to ATA instead. It was pretty seamless for her although she had to learn new forms and other material. They let her 'keep' her belt while she learned their curriculum - but more importantly the technical differences between the two styles were minimal.

Might be something to consider if you're unhappy with your group if the ATA is active in your neck of the woods.

(Weird, I managed to 'blog' this post somehow. Must have hit the wrong button.)

Where's the question? However, you did respond to off topic comments about ATA schools and blogging even though there was no question:

LOL, the thank button must have been hidden. Happens some times.

alas....
We used to have 3 strong ITA schools in the area. The ITA sprung from the ATA some 20 or thirty years ago. However their latest changes have closed 2 of the 3 down, or they split form the group and went with another or went independent.
The organizational context is right now of little importance. When I do get back to training I kow I have at least 2 schools backed by good instructors. :)

But the Ki-hap thing kind of struck me reading through the one-step thread.

As for this comment, we come full circle to my original comment to you, which is this must be one of those "do as I say, not as I do" moments....

If you want to know how quickly somebody can go from ATA curriculum to KKW stuff...well, you know, PM or new thread...

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
How about rolling on the floor and laughing. Is that looked down upon by the people who conditioned you to be quiet?

for you. not me.

I could, but it would be off topic....

He did not ask you a question:

Where's the question? However, you did respond to off topic comments about ATA schools and blogging even though there was no question:

As for this comment, we come full circle to my original comment to you, which is this must be one of those "do as I say, not as I do" moments....

yep, that pretty much falls in line with the impression I had of you.

I might miss out on a lot of wisdom, but I guess it's worth skipping the attitude.

:asian:

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
yep, that pretty much falls in line with the impression I had of you.

I might miss out on a lot of wisdom, but I guess it's worth skipping the attitude.

:asian:

Attitude? You mean like this:

Does it matter?

I swear...if your lives depended on it you could not stay on topic!

:lfao:

I disprove the validity of your statements, I am the one with the attitude? Sorry, but I disagree.

PS: What does these posts of yours have to do with the topic at hand?

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Attitude? You mean like this:

I disprove the validity of your statements, I am the one with the attitude? Sorry, but I disagree.

PS: What does these posts of yours have to do with the topic at hand?

:ea2: