Kettlebell workout

Discussion in 'Health Tips for the Martial Artist' started by pcmolter, Jul 25, 2017.

1. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

2. jobo

jobo Senior Master

with respect I feel you need to make less vids telling people how to exercise and,spend more time exercising, you were half dead after 2 mins of moderate exercises.

3. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

The first 5 or 6 minutes of the video i was not winded, the editing soft ware cut out about 7 or 8 minutes of the video, this is a SEAL fit workout i did about 30 or 35 burpees. Im not telling people how to excercise im merely documenting my weight loss and showing people different workouts. I was 245 in February of 2017, and after 5 months of exercising 20 to 30 minutes a day maybe 4 or 5 days a week im down 20 lbs and have reversed the effects of diabetes. Ill be 50 next year. Thanks for your comments but you also have the option of not watching.

4. jobo

jobo Senior Master

you were puffing and panting two exercises in and,couldn't even jump on you second,set of burpees .

I got the distinct impression you were instructing people how to exercise rather than running a blog on you weight loss, but ok congrats on your weight loss

5. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

At around 5:30 in the video there was a cut out of 6 or 7 minutes of video and i think 2 cycles of burpees where cut out. I redid the video on my page and listed the workout, tell me how u do. You can also get a decription of the workout listed below the video on my youtube page.

6. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

It was a 24 cycle hit workout that lasted almost 20 minutes. Heres the exercise list.[​IMG]

7. jobo

jobo Senior Master

if you say so, but that drops a long way short of being a HIIT session, it more of a low intensity interval training session to be honest, there is no way you keeping your heart rate up around 85% in that, not that somebody couldn't if they went fast enough, just that your not, you need to be remarkably fit to do 20mins of HIIT. 5 mins will kill most people

I'm not having a go at you, but judging by the frequency you post these work outs, it appears your chopping and changing your program on a pretty frequent basis. If so you will struggle to make any significant progress on your fitness jumping around between 20different exercise sessions, you need consistency, or more to to point you need some specific goals and then a consistent program to reach those goals.

just flip flipping about will leave you well short of your potential.

you need to pick say three of those exercise session that target different muscle groups and stick with it for about three month . That way youl find you make significant gains. Then review and pick some different sessions and do those for another three months. And repeat

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  8. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

My goal is to excercise i use to just lift, now i do workouts like this some are out of seal fit, kettlebell fitness, and excercises i did while taking krav maga

9. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

Hey jobo im gonna come clean i was medically retire from the military and went to college to retrain, i have work experience i graduated in December, i have put out over 300 resumes and have moved to step 2 of the hiring process twice. Im doing this youtube stuff to stay healthy and preoccupy me, i dont like drinking. I got a psych degree and i will probably have to go get more training to move me ahead of the competition. Im sorry if i annoyed you.

10. jobo

jobo Senior Master

surely, you goals include things like weight loss,strengh ,endurance, cardio, mobility , ?

the principles of fitness training, state that you body can only make so many adaptations at once, and trying to do every thing at once means you make little progress in any of them.

that's why you should periodise your training so that you focus on one or at least no more than two things at once and then to hit it consistently to force the adaptations you want, before moving on. There is the world of difference between a,very very fit seal in his late,20s and you they can do that work out at HIIT, you cant
    if weigh loss is one of your main goals, try doing some proper HIIT, find some thing that you can do for five consecutive lots of a minute and short rest, that boosts your heart rate to plus 85%of max and then do it frequently .

if you can manage more than five lots your not going hard enough

• Like Like x 2
  11. jobo

jobo Senior Master

no mate I'm sorry, I'm not trying to get at you in the slightest, I'm an older chap that has been through the getting fit again thing, and I'm trying to share some hard learnt experience from a lot of the mistakes I've made.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

I started getting diabetes and i have reversed it doing what i do

13. jobo

jobo Senior Master

I'm going to but out and leave you to it, as clearly it works for you, if you want any advice on training in your 50s let me know,

14. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

15. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

16. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

17. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

18. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

19. gpseymour

gpseymour Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    I've never been able to build up a rhythm at jumping rope. My hands keep thinking I need to go faster. My feet are going at a reasonable pace, while my hands are replicating Rocky's workout.

20. pcmolter

pcmolter Green Belt

I just do it for fitness, im probably gonna switch to a weighted rope. But i can identify with what your saying, ive gotten where i am by just practicing, but im far from rocky. But do mess around with that jump rope.

• Like Like x 1