Kenzo Mabuni?

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Is Soke Kenzo Mabuni (of the Shi to Ryu style) OK? I had briefly seen on another forum, someone claiming that he has passed away. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks.

OP
Grenadier

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nevermind... I got confirmation of his passing away. RIP Mabuni Soke.

twendkata71

Black Belt
Reaction score
Apparently he left the sokeship to his daughter. This has to be a first in Japan. The other son Kenei,which runs the Shito kai, is still around. After the father died(Kenwa), both claimed to be the inheriter of the Shito ryu style. They splintered and Kenei started the Shito kai branch and Kenzo held the name Seito Shito ryu. Perhaps I have that backwards. Anyway. I am sorry to hear about Mabuni Kenzo Soke's passing.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RIP Mabuni Sensei. Your teachings will live on through the Shito Ryu networks. Thank you for your time and dedication to Karate-Do and all that your gave us.

OP
Grenadier

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
twendkata71 said:
Apparently he left the sokeship to his daughter. This has to be a first in Japan. The other son Kenei,which runs the Shito kai, is still around. After the father died(Kenwa), both claimed to be the inheriter of the Shito ryu style. They splintered and Kenei started the Shito kai branch and Kenzo held the name Seito Shito ryu. Perhaps I have that backwards. Anyway. I am sorry to hear about Mabuni Kenzo Soke's passing.

Thanks for the updates, twendkata71.

Latest Discussions