Kenpo Magazine

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
What ever happened to the Kenpo magazine that was supposed to come out last year around this time?
Which Kenpo magazine?

- Ceicei

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey Rob! Happy New Year, I must have missed this discussion last year, sounds like a great idea would love to hear more about it. Who was looking into this?

Donna %-}

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You might check with Rick Wade as I believe he was involved with that project.

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I know the webpage was up about a month agao, that was the last time I checked it out...

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
What ever happened to the Kenpo magazine that was supposed to come out last year around this time?

Aloha All

Here's the Deal I wanted to have a magazine that encompassed all of Kenpo I didn't want to United the kenpo factions or anything like that.

Anyway I said I would give it a try for one year and If it didn't succeed then Oh well. I got a grand total of 1 original article and I got permission to reprint about 5 articles from the Golden Dragon and others.... I didn't feel that is what the public wanted. On top of that I just got the news that I am head to the beach (Iraq) on the 16 of January so no time now. I will be back in July. If anyone is still interested I will probably put up the webpage again but instead of making a magazine I will probably just put all of the articles up there and leave them up there. One of my partners in crime Mike Quezada and I are working on video clips on the difference of self defense as viewed by Traditional Kenpoka and Modern Kenpoka, we have already shot a couple of videos and we will be working on more in the future. but for now I have to sit back and enjoy the minimum contact with civilization. If anyone has any questions or comments email me at [email protected]

Thanks for all of your support

Rick English

scfgabe

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I would love to see some kind of Kenpo magazine or at least a website where articles could be viewed. As a beginner, I have been searching for all I can get my hands on to learn more about our great art of Kenpo. Thanks to anyone who is willing to put some time into a project like this.

- Gabe

shane23ss

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Rick, be careful in the "big sandy". I have been where you're going and it's not fun and games. Back to the topic, I wish you guys could have came up with the mag. I thought that was a pretty good idea. I guess the website with the articles is better than nothing.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, be careful Rick! I wish you well & that you will come back to "US" in one piece, Sir. Good luck with the website--look forward to checking it out when it's finished.

Take Care,
Gin-Gin :asian:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I will put the website back up in July When I get back to the Good Ole US.

Thank you for the well wishes. I will be leaving 16 Jan.

Rick English

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rick,
I can relate to the challenges you went through. I ended up dropping to quarterly, and have been running late the last half of 2004 for the same lack of submissions problem. Best of luck, and stay safe. We'll keep the lights on for ya here. :)

- Bob

Latest Discussions