• American Kenpo

• Tracy Kenpo

• Shaolin Kenpo (Castro)

• Shaolin Kempo (Vilarri)

• Kajukenbo

• Cerio Kenpo

• Kosho Ryu (Mitose)

• Kara Ho (Chow)

• Traditional Okinawan/Japanese (Ryukyu, Shorinji, etc)

• Other (Modern, Westernized, off-shoots)

Results are only viewable after voting.
O

ockempo

I train in a style referred to as kempo-jiujitsu, which is part of the Sonny Gascon lineage.

psi_radar

Black Belt
Reaction score
American Kenpo at Mike Browne's school in Boulder. Mr. B likes to throw in some Judo, Jujitsu, Indonesian arts and other nasty stuff as fruit on the cereal. Fun!

T

tekkeh

Originally posted by Michael Billings
Hopefully this is just the first step in your personal Journey into Kenpo.

Oss,
-Michael

It sure is.. i'm loving every minute of it! i took a 8 year hiatus as i was in TKD before due to knee injury, however since Larry's studio is about a block away from my work, its all too convenient :)

S

SThiess

Ed Parker's Kenpo Karate in his Pasadena Studio. Instructor Mr. William Kongaika

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We study Chinese Kempo Karate from Professor Walter Godin's lineage. Godin studied under Sijo Adriano Emperado as well as Professor William Chow. Godin was promoted to 10th degree by Chow in 1973 and at the time of his death in 2001, Godin had the only Kajukenbo-based school in the tough Palamas Settlement in Hawaii.
Respectfully,

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am currently studying Okinawan Kenpo.
I have studied Kajukenbo and American Kenpo.

American is by far my most favorite.

----------------------------------------------------------
If you believe in yourself have dedication and pride and never quit you will be a winner.
The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.

Paul William Bryant

%think%

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally started training in American Kenpo while I was on the Mainland after moving to Hawaii, Istarted with Okinawa Kenpo.

However there is a small AMerican Kenpo Contingent on Oahu so we work out and when someone EPAK instructor comes to town on vacation or business we try to contact them and get a workout or two in.

Thanks
Rick

E

ellaminnowpea

Shaolin Kempo but, not The Villari System..USSD in Southern California...I understand they're quite similar, though

Latest Discussions