• American Kenpo

• Tracy Kenpo

• Shaolin Kenpo (Castro)

• Shaolin Kempo (Vilarri)

• Kajukenbo

• Cerio Kenpo

• Kosho Ryu (Mitose)

• Kara Ho (Chow)

• Traditional Okinawan/Japanese (Ryukyu, Shorinji, etc)

• Other (Modern, Westernized, off-shoots)

Results are only viewable after voting.

karlijim

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. i have been involved with the martial arts off and on since 1963. I am currently studying Ed Parker kenpo through the parker/planas lineage. My instructor is Josh Ryer of Pittsburgh. Of all the many good instructors i've had over the years, Josh is the best! We have a unique relationship as he is in pittsburgh and my crew of kenpoists and I live in western New York. so far it's been a terrific journey for all of us. We periodically commute back and forth for our material and communicate via the internet to fill in the blanks. Josh has a terrific website with video clips and soon, live classes. Check it out at UnitedParkersKenpo.com.
Big Jim

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I train under Hanshi Bruce Juchnik and Master John Evans.

So it is Kosho Ryu Kempo ( study of natural law) for me
Thanks,

Kosho

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
parker kenpo here under Kim Deacon.. who is a student of Mrs. Cogliandro in Revere Ma..

fell in love with the system on the first class..

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post. i have been involved with the martial arts off and on since 1963. I am currently studying Ed Parker kenpo through the parker/planas lineage. My instructor is Josh Ryer of Pittsburgh. Of all the many good instructors i've had over the years, Josh is the best! We have a unique relationship as he is in pittsburgh and my crew of kenpoists and I live in western New York. so far it's been a terrific journey for all of us. We periodically commute back and forth for our material and communicate via the internet to fill in the blanks. Josh has a terrific website with video clips and soon, live classes. Check it out at UnitedParkersKenpo.com.
Big Jim

Welcome to Martial Talk, Big Jim! Very creative way to keep your training going. :ultracool

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
By the way, I didn't understand my full lineage until I learned of Professor John Bishop's chart, via his homepage.

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Started in Uechi-Ryu then moved over to USSD before it became Fred Villari's/Master's, etc....Cal Carozzi has been my instructor since 1973.

bill007

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Started in an affiliate of Villari's under Master Roger Lavoie, then move with MSDC under Sensei Nathalie Paradis and Greg Young, then under Sensei Danny Masson and Patrick Brochu, then under Sifu Marlon A. Wilson. I'm now in Nick Cerio's Kenpo under Sensei Christian Rondeau who's under Grand Master Clermont Poulin.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Had to repost ... I was with Fred Villari, then USSD, now I'm a free-lance. I believe I found a home, but not ready to post that as yet. I need time to evaluate.

Mr.NGMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I trained originally under a Parker system, then it changed to the SKSK, and now with Mitose. I have been friends with their family for a long time.

Latest Discussions