Kenpo at the upcoming Disney Tournament - We can help the RFKC

vishalshukla

Orange Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The upcoming Origins International Martial Arts Festival at Disneyland offers Kenpo a chance to really showcase our art and to raise funds for the RFKC.

Mr. White has volunteered his time to be the Director for the Kenpo Divisions and has generously agreed to donate all his proceeds to the Royal Family Kids Camp. As far as we know he is the ONLY Discipline Director who will be donating his proceeds to charity.

We are hoping that the Kenpo Community will continue to come together and showcase our art while supporting this great cause. Key members of the Bob White Invitational Team will be assisting Mr. White and will try to throw a smooth event. In order to get feedback, we have asked many Kenpo leaders to be on an Advisory Board for the Disney Event. The response has been very positive and as of today the Advisory Board consists of the following members:

Steve LaBounty
Ron Sanchez
John Sepulveda
Eddie Downey
Sergio Correa
Gilbert Velez
Rich Hale
Jeff Speakman
Tom Kelly
Ron Chapel
Larry Kongaika
Dennis Conatser
Paul Dye
Brian Duffy
Ted Sumner
Angelo Collado

Information on the event can be found at http://originsevents.com/2011originsinternational/index.html

We hope that the Kenpo Community will join us and help have a great event. The more participation we have the more kids we can help. This isn't about any one person making a profit. It's about all of us making a difference.

Mr. White and I will be at the Long Beach IKC this weekend. We hope to see many of you there and discuss how we can work together.

Respectfully yours,
Vishal

Last edited:

Bob White

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am very happy with the Advisory Board we have for this tournament. These leaders have expressed a desire to see this tournament be successful and to help raise money to help children. Our team has a meeting today to coordinate our efforts to help make the tournament run as smoothly as possible. We are also going to great lengths to qualify our officials so that there is a consistent interpretation of the rules. While it is important to generate money for the RFKC it is also important that we give the best service to our kenpo family. There will be many other disciplines involved in this event but kenpo will have it`s own divisions. If you study kenpo I encourage you to attend and be a part of this tournament. If you attend you get a chance to create memories that could last a lifetime.

Bob White

Green Belt
Reaction score
Jeff Speakman will have his Kenpo 5.0 division at this tournament. The rules of this form of competition will be posted on the website. Mr. Speakman will be there and running this division.

OKenpo942

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Wow! The advisory board sounds like a who's who of Kenpo. I wish I could be there. It will be a great event for a great cause. Good luck.

James

shima

K3NPO
Reaction score
The school I train at (Bill Grossman's School of Kenpo Karate) had a few students make the trek down for this tournament last year. I think a few are going again this year.

Bob White

Green Belt
Reaction score
The school I train at (Bill Grossman's School of Kenpo Karate) had a few students make the trek down for this tournament last year. I think a few are going again this year.

This year it is being coordinated by a different team. I hope your school will come down to support.
Please give my best wishes to Bill Grossman.
Respectfully,
Bob White

Latest Discussions