• CKF

• Indepenent

• NOT LISTED

Results are only viewable after voting.

kenpoworks

Purple Belt
Reaction score
BRITISH KENPO KARATE ASSOCIATION.
The BKKA has been around since the 1970's, I think!.
Jackie Mc Vicar, Gary Ellis and Mervyn Ormond are a few of the notable Kenpoists to come from this organisation which was endorsed by Mr. Parker.
Please clarify or correct any of the above information.
Rich

Rick

White Belt
Reaction score
Getting ready to come back to Kenpo with the IKKF (www.ikkfederation.com) run by Ms. Cogliandro and Mr. Velez at Revere Karate Academy (Ms. Cogliandro). Used to study with the AKI with Mr. Coglinadro (Tony) but he closed up shop and moved to Maine. The alphabet soup gets confusing, but it is nice to be able to have an instructor that sat at the feet of Mr. Parker as both of these people did.

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
Rick said:
Getting ready to come back to Kenpo with the IKKF (www.ikkfederation.com) run by Ms. Cogliandro and Mr. Velez at Revere Karate Academy (Ms. Cogliandro). Used to study with the AKI with Mr. Coglinadro (Tony) but he closed up shop and moved to Maine. The alphabet soup gets confusing, but it is nice to be able to have an instructor that sat at the feet of Mr. Parker as both of these people did.
I didn't realize Doreen is running her own association. She's a very nice woman with a lot of Kenpo history.

Good luck!

Jamie Seabrook
www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

Dan G

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
BKKU is correct - British Kenpo Karate Union.

For myself, Martial Science University.
Thanks to KenpoDave and to Doc for spotting and correcting my extremely embarassing typo! Must have been half asleep when I posted...

Respectfully,

Dan

OP
G

GRIM

Sorry i didn't read all 400 post but hopefully I'm still on thread. I am a part of the SWKKA under Sifu Rick Fowlerin Texas.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dan G said:
Thanks to KenpoDave and to Doc for spotting and correcting my extremely embarassing typo! Must have been half asleep when I posted...

Respectfully,

Dan
And woke me up..... :)

nlkenpo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
On a national level I'm with the Martial Arts Foundation Holland (MASH) and before that confuses anyone, the Dutch word for foundation is "stichting".

Their website (of which I'm the webmaster) is www.kenpokarate.nl

On an international level we work with the IKKF, who's website (which I also maintain) is www.ikkfederation.com, as mentioned before.

And last but not least, there's a small and temporary organisation I'd like to point your attention to: the organisation of the IKC2006 in the Netherlands.

This is a MASH run rganisation, in co-operation with the IKKF, but to join in everybody from any association who does any kind of Parkersystem Kenpo is most welcome!!!

Marcel
:partyon:

kenpostart

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
  • first IKKA,
  • then followed by the "independet years"
  • then affiliated to the CKF and PKS
But I'm still using my "IKKA Europe Pass" !!!

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm independent. The minute you join an association, you open your head space to the infantile feuding that still goes on between those first gen seniors.

You might want to narrow your brush a bit. All first generation are not feuding with each other, although I will admit there may be a nutcase or two. :)

Bob White

Green Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Doc. I believe there are more people working together than ever before. After our founders death a lot of us were in shock and looking for our own identity. Over the last 20 years relationships have been forged and friendships created. Personally I believe it is a direct result of training camps and social functions. Most of us had 30 year relationships built upon one weekend a year at Mr. Parker`s IKC in Long Beach. The camps and other social enviroments have given us a chance to interact with each other and discover there are more things we have in common that we have in differences. The opportunity to workout together and learn together, creates a friendlier atmosphere than a competitive environment does. Competitive atmospheres can get stressful from what I understand. lol
I also think maturity has a lot to do with barriers being broken down.
Respectfully,
Bob White