Kempo Teacher in Stockton, CA 1970s

greytowhite

Green Belt
Reaction score
Before he passed my grandfather told me how he put my mom and aunt in Chinese kempo in Stockton, CA in the 1970s. My mom doesn't remember training at all (too much cannabis, speed and acid during and after high school) but she definitely beat the crap outta me pretty good until I got into middle school. My aunt doesn't recall the name of the teacher but she did annihilate a woman (broke a couple of ribs and her collarbone) with it for stealing her husband almost 20 years ago. I'm trying to find out who was teaching in Stockton at the time. Knowing my grandfather's predilections for the geography of town most the dojo would likely be near Wilson Way and probably not any farther north than Alpine Road. If anyone has information I'd appreciate it.

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Good luck with this. I would see if there is a collection of old yellow pages phone books in the town library.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds vaguely like a story I heard about one of the Castro sisters, a bazillion years (20ish) ago, but I got nothing-I wasn't even on this side of the Mississippi then...