#keeptheflamealive - joe thambu shihan interview

vonryan

White Belt
Reaction score
joe-thambu-shudokan-keeptheflamealive.jpg

I had the opportunity recently to chat with Joe Thambu shihan as part of his #keeptheflamealive initiative; about how dojo owners can improve the effectiveness of their club website to generate more footfall at the dojo. Might be of interest to those who run dojos... here is a link to the interview :
#keeptheflamealive interview with Jer Ryan Sensei

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
joe-thambu-shudokan-keeptheflamealive.jpg

I had the opportunity recently to chat with Joe Thambu shihan as part of his #keeptheflamealive initiative; about how dojo owners can improve the effectiveness of their club website to generate more footfall at the dojo. Might be of interest to those who run dojos... here is a link to the interview :
#keeptheflamealive interview with Jer Ryan Sensei
Sounds like the intro to an infomercial, so will not bother hitting the link. This is a discussion site, not a promotional one. Why don't YOU just tell us some of the ideas you uncovered in your "interview" and share them with us for discussion?

OP
vonryan

vonryan

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes... I suppose it may seem like that on first view, apologies... but it's not intended as such.
The interview went the other way... i.e. Joe Sensei hosted the interview with the intent to acquire a bit of understand about what club owners and admins can do with their websites to improve their effectiveness in drawing additional enquiries, now and post covid for his own community.

I do benefit a little in that he insisted that I mention a start-up project I'm working on... but the intent of the interview was share information with the Aikido community without requiring anything in return.

If you are an experienced webmaster, then it's of little value, I suppose, but if search engine promotion is not your thing, there are some valuable insight to be gleaned I think ... I leave it up to you to decide .... you can always take a look and rip it apart after wards if you think it deserved it.. :)

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole thing yet. But I did skip around in it for a bit.

If one of my students was opening a dojo I'd advise him to watch that whole vid. It would help him maximize his reach to potential students.

If I was still back east and wanted to open a dojo today, I'd have to bring a slew of knowledgeable people about how to use and maximize electronic/media/internet stuff.

And welcome to Martial Talk, Vonryan.

OP
vonryan

vonryan

White Belt
Reaction score
I haven't watched the whole thing yet. But I did skip around in it for a bit.

If one of my students was opening a dojo I'd advise him to watch that whole vid. It would help him maximize his reach to potential students.

If I was still back east and wanted to open a dojo today, I'd have to bring a slew of knowledgeable people about how to use and maximize electronic/media/internet stuff.

And welcome to Martial Talk, Vonryan.

..... thanks for the kind comments.
Jer.

Latest Discussions